Opinion on Revision type..Endoscopic suturing v. lapband

smileey
on 10/15/06 1:38 am - FL
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would mind giving me their opinion(s) on whether I should attempt at another revision either endoscopically or with a lapband. I have been trying to get my RNY  "corrected/revised" for over 2 years now, all unsuccessful. Unfortunately I have had a great deal of surgeries and complications along the way as well, in my efforts to get this done. I still would like to accomplish what I originally set out to do and that was to have a fully functional/corrected wls.  Right now I am scheduled for endoscopic suturing very soon as my anastomosis was made too big during my last surgery. I have discussed this with my surgeon who disagrees as to its being successful. He feels there is not enough evidence out there to warrant it. He also feels a lapband over the anastomosis would be a better choice. Of course he is a surgeon and that is a surgical technique.  The endoscopic suturing would be done by a GI on an outpatient basis.  I really dont want to have another surgery at all so if there is a chance this could be fixed endoscopically I would like to try. At the same time I dont want to waste my time or money either. (I have many medical bills I am paying off now as it is).  Any thoughts or opinions here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
blessed1
on 12/3/06 2:15 am - Pikesville, MD

Hello

Did you get the endo suturing done?  If so, how's everything

Most Active
Recent Topics