Approval for Revision to Lap Band!! Yay!

JRinAZ
on 10/23/06 7:29 am - Layton, UT
I received my approval for a hernia repair, revision and Lap Band for Nov 6th!  I'm counting down the days and am very hopeful that this will be the thing to keep my health at it's best and get to to the single digit clothing sizes in 2007!!! I'm know there are as many mixed opinons and feelings in regard to which direction a revision should go as there are for the orginal choice of weight loss surgery BUT....this seems like it will be right for me! I'm hoping to chat with any who are intersted in doing the same or who have already had it done.  In fact Cathy in CA started a yahoo group for us at RevisionBandster  or maybe it's RevisonLapBand?  Anyway, it's a nice flow of info there too if any are interested. My insurance is UHC and I was actually stunned that I was approved!  Miracles do happen though!  :) Joyce in az
Josie C.
on 10/24/06 12:15 pm - High Desert, CA
I, myself, have just started to think of a revision...a Band was my first thought...even though I may need a distal instead.  Do you have some links to some reading material or something to help me get better educated.  I'd appreciate it. Thanks,
Paula Prichard
on 10/25/06 4:03 am - Kingman, AZ
Congrats Joyce! Supposedly all I have to do is get a newer MMPI (which I am doing tomorrow) and I will be approved, too. Good luck with your surgery! :-D

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Paula Prichard
on 11/3/06 4:39 am - Kingman, AZ
Hey Joyce. Thanks for your help when I called the office the other day. Darcy helped my insurance situation and I am approved! :-D I am having my revision on the 13th...a few days after you! :-D Good luck!

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Deanne K.
on 11/4/06 9:56 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce, Can you tell me the reason that you are having a revision?  I had an EGD on Thursday and was told by Dr. Shekelton that the opening to my pouch is too large, and it could be causing me to have all my problems.  I have always been able to eat more than everyone else that I know that have had this surgery, even from week 1 when we were on chicken salad and eggs. 
debidots
on 11/16/06 11:03 am

CONGRATS, I'm just starting my revision journey. I had my original surgery in 98. I had started at 248, went down to 170, and i am now steadily gain. Present weight 205. I will be hoping to insurance approval. But I haven't even talked to a DR yet. So when is your surgery scheduled?

I look forword to hearing from you. It might help me to move forward

crygil
on 11/24/06 8:34 am - Dyer, AR
Hi Joyce, I was searching for people that had revisions to Lap-Band and came across your message. I had a vertical band gastroplasty 9 years ago and the staple line failed and the ring eroded. My doctor is concerned about too much scar tissue. Did you have any problems with scar tissue or any thing else with your revision? I have UHC also, but they turned me down. I am self pay and it scares me that the doctor might get in there and not be able to do the revision and I will be stuck with a loan. Also, how do I find that yahoo group in your message? Thanks, Crystal Thank You 
T. Rosario
on 9/1/07 7:58 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
joyce I remember you from the Oh confrence. Are you having the lap band done? i am thinking about having the same thing done excpet mine is 50 ibs, PLease let me know your feelings on this. Since you work for Dr. Simpson, why are you choosing the stompanx over the lap band? Is your insurance paying for both? I am so scared on either to have a revision, lapband or maybe wait to save for the stompanx sorry spelled wrong? I was looking for someone just like you. dO you have the group email for the bandsters? Thanks for your help. Tracy in Sierra Vista AZ
JRinAZ
on 9/2/07 1:32 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Tracy! We bump back into old WLS buds in the most unusual places!  LOL!  It's a bummer though that it's on the revision board!  I guess that means that things aren't going as planned! Update about me since you asked:  I'm no longer working for Dr. Simpson (though I LOVE him to pieces and that was a great job!).  I"m currently working for Dr. Steven Gitt who is a Plastic Surgeon who specialzes in Post Bariatric Magic (also known as Body Contoruing for successful weight loss patients).  I am NOT getting a revision to a LapBand.  My insurance denied me and even Dr. Simpson didn't think it was my absolute best shot at tackling my regain and fixing my wide open stoma.  So, I've gone to a couple of  other consults with other Bariatric Surgeon's.  One wanted to revise me to a DS but after doing research; I felt like that was way too drastic for 30 pounds.  After reseaching this for well over a year, I was excited when the Stomaphyx  solution was presented all over these boards.  I really feel good about this choice and about having it with Dr. Schlesinger.  He has done thousands of weight loss surgeries and does many types of revisions.  His thought is that my stoma is mostly to blame since I have rapid emptying of my pouch and that it would be overkill to do a malabsorptive revision as well.  So, I'm scheduled for my stomaphyx the first week of November! Sinice he works in our same Medical building, I have been able to meet most of his Stomaphyx patients.  It sounds like it's working for them and though I haven't been able to follow all of them daily; they report a great weight loss with minimal discomfort following the procedure! So, that's my plan!  ......  Will you be coming to the O.H. Phoenix National event the end of Oct?  I'm planning on getting a room and will be there all 3 days!!!!  ......  In fact, I'm always game for the afterhours FUN that is NOT listed on their schedule!  *winks*  Good luck with your decision....whatever it may be!  We are all looking for the right recipe for our own dilema and sometimes we hit the jackpot!!!! There is a Revision to L apband yahoo group.  It's not real active but there are a couple of people on there who have had some success with having their Rny banded!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

T. Rosario
on 9/2/07 2:35 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
how did you find out your stoma was wide. would you of gone for the band if your insurance would of covered it. I really do not have 7000.00 to have thestomaphyx although I would love to do it. I wish there was a way around it. I wish isurance covered it. Mine covers the band. But i have alot of adhesions so I was going to make an appointment with Dr. Burpee in tucson to see what he thinks. I am proud of you for taking action at 23 lbs. i wish iwould of. I have had so many health issue latley. I had have cronic pelvic pain for two years. I have been dealing with that while the weight has crept on. I had a hysotectomy in dec. and it di not help. I just was recently dx'd with Fibromyalgia and it is kicking my butt. but at least they might of sloved the case. know on to the next thing. I plan on attending the confence. Are they already making reservations. where are you staying. I am in sierra vista which is 3 hrs away so I am not familiar with things up there. take care and good luck let's stay in touch. what is your diet like right know are you just trying to stay healthy until the surgery. you are luck it is in the same office as you work for and you work for a plastic surgeon girl you got the hook up. he will give you a huge discount when you are ready for a tummy tuck.  take care
Most Active
Recent Topics