For those of you who need a revision

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/06 8:59 am - TX
Do yourself a huge favor and check out the DS before revising to your previously failed surgery.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 10/28/06 8:47 am - Knoxville, TN
Did  your insurance cover the revision?
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/06 10:05 am - TX
Yes, it did.  I had staple line disruption and stoma enlargement.  I wanted another surgery that couldn't fail, mechanically.  I'm very happy with my DS.
AngieB67
on 10/30/06 9:08 am - Bel Air, MD
What did your insurance put you through to get your revision?  I need to have the same thing done and I was thinking about getting a DS.
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 7:56 pm - TX
First I had my PCP order an endoscopy and an Upper GI.  Then I took the results to a DS surgeon who ordered more tests, sleep study, psych eval, etc.  They submitted to insurance because my stples had come undone and I had stoma enlargement. I have BCBS and they didn't put me through hoops at all.  My guess is because of the mechanical failure I had and letters of medical necessity. good luck to you.
Linnrr
on 11/8/06 2:48 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA

I had a revison done to a RNY from a stapling with a ring........I can not seem to get down .in pounds......I am so disappointed ....cant eat and weight wont budge .My pateau has been 2 months...

Lin

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/06 4:05 am - TX
I'm so sorry Linnr.  That is exactly the reason (among others) I didn't want another RNY.  I feel so sorry for those who undergo this surgery twice and never acheive the good results they so desperately need and want.
Linnrr
on 11/14/06 1:43 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA

What is the difference?This week I thought I lost 4 pounds then weighted myself this morning and up 4...Oh man....I have heard that some of the thyroid disease can impact  your weight control.I always have been on it but listeing to the radio this week end I heard more informaion about the 3-t test? I enjoy hearing from you.

Lin

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/06 5:22 am
Go to the Duodenal Switch (DS) forum here on OH to learn more about the DS. Also check out duodenalswitch.com                         
Most Active
Recent Topics