what is Revision?

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 2:56 pm - Gainesville, FL
Well I am about 17 months out.. And i have a ulcer its not going away its not huge but its not small and the dr wants to wait 4 more weeks to check it.. My concern is, what is a revision if he does surgery,, is he just going to fix the ulcer and not the pouch.. i would like to lose another 100 pounds and right now the weight isnt coming off, i am always hungry and i am frustrated i dont know what to tell the surgeon! i mean what are revisions> i had RYN so i dont know please help me with some answers
Mini Gadget
on 11/10/06 11:05 am - MN
I had this happen. But more serious. I had an ulcer right where the pouch joined the intestines. I was told it was small and nothing to worry about. 5 months later I am in emergency surgery because it perforated.  Long story short. What they did to me was they took out everything that my first surgeon had done. They removed the pouch and a portion of the intestines. Then they created a new pouch out of the remanant stomach and reattached the intestines. There reason for this was because they said once an area has had an ulcer there is a great risk of it coming back.  I had a friend that just had the ulcer itself removed. So every surgeon is different.
             Bridget
Mini Gastric bypass 11/18/03
Revision due to Rejection 05/31/06
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/06 11:18 am - Gainesville, FL
hey thanks for answering me.. My doctor wants me to wait another 6 weeks to see if its going away.. and it the mean time im in such pain thats its so bad.. he wants to cut the pouch off, and then just stitch it.. I think it would be better for me, to get a new pouch but i dont know if he will. and i am just so confused.. bc their not doing anything, and if i get rid of this ulcer i dont want it coming back :( but they keep saying its small and its not doing any harm.. but i am so worried and confussed, and i dont know what to do.. the Surgeron who did my surgery is no loner doing the surgery and now i am going to another suregon which will be doing this one, if he is going to do it.. but he just wants to repair it, not give me a new pouch.. How do i go about talking to him about it? How are you doing now in the surgery? have u lost more? are u feeling better? Did the ulcers come back? was it painful like the first time? thanks so much
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/06 3:56 am - TX
Before getting a RNY revision, have you looked into a revision to a DS?  The DS'r rarely get ulcers and it's a superior surgery for acheiving weight loss without chance of regain. Read this article:  http://www.duodenalswitch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5822  and check out my profile to see why I choose the DS rather than revising my RNY.
Most Active
Recent Topics