Reversal?

maggie.s.
on 11/7/06 3:50 am - Pasadena, TX
Hello my Beautiful Board Members!! I have a question for you - Does anyone know of anybody that has had to have their surgery undone?? I have a co-worker of mine who is probably going to have to go through this - He just called me and told me his surgeon (well-known) told him that he was going to have to do a reversal (which he has never done) but that his body was just not accepting the changes (his pottasium is always dangerously low and he seems to always be dehydrated no matter what he does) THey told him this was the last resort they wanted to reach, but their seemed to be no other solution.... any advice? know of anyone?? much love,  Maggie
ramwelch
on 11/9/06 8:07 am - somewhere, CT
Best advice ever....Get a second opinion....
Mini Gadget
on 11/10/06 10:57 am - MN
At first this is what I was told. I did not have problems with my labs, I had constant pain. After two years if ut I finally found a surgeon that told me he could correct my problem, but he was pretty dure that would be to do a reversal. After running some preop tests he thought he discovered the problem, because of the way my original surgeon placed the intestines everything I was taking in was bascially back flushing itself. So what I ended up having done was a revision. They went in and took out everything that the first surgeon had done, then they redid everything. They created a new pouch from the remant stomach, and rejoined the intestines. This was at the end of May, and so far all is well. I feel better now then I have felt in two years.  My advice. Seek a second opinion. At least a surgeon that has actually done a reversal. Reversals and revisions are much more serious then the original surgery. I would never let a doctor do something on me that he has never done before!
             Bridget
Mini Gastric bypass 11/18/03
Revision due to Rejection 05/31/06
Most Active
Recent Topics