6 months post op

Linnrr
on 11/8/06 10:21 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
I would like to hear from others who have had a revision.I am not loosing and have myself upset most of the time.My orinal surgery was done 13 years ago and was only stapling then a ring was put at the opeing of the pouch. When I had the upper GI done they coulnt find the staples.or a pouch just everything all configured. Then I had the scope done and the ring was found to be dislodged.I thew up the first gew years .no wonder.But I never di loose anything belwow 215.Well that is where I am again. I work out and am eating so little and everything I should.....and.can not get the scale to move.Any feed back from others who have had the RNY revison please let me hear from you..... Lin in Ca
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/06 1:25 am, edited 11/9/06 1:31 am - TX
I am 11 weeks out from revision, from RNY to DS with Dr. Husted/Dr. Rabkins in San Fran.  I've lost 48 lbs in 11 weeks and didn't want another surgery that could fail me.  You are lucky you live in CA.. you've got some of the best revision surgeons in the country in CA. 
Linnrr
on 11/9/06 5:35 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA

I am getting so disouraged but I don't give up........But I lost about 40 pounds in the first few months.Now 6 months.... I am working out and walking and eating as much as my canaries.Oatmeal and Protein powder in the morning.....etc...... My Drs here are yes ...............a very good reputaion... Lin

Geminidream
on 11/9/06 2:21 pm - Spokane, WA

Lin, sorry that I'm not someone who has already had the revision...mine is upcoming.  But from reading posts on this mb as well as the rny board it seems logical that you are on a plateau.  Some people report plateaus that last months.  How long has it been since you were losing well?  Have you checked your inches to see if you are still losing there?  Other people have posted that you don't lose inches and pounds at the same time, that our bodies can only do one or the other.  So it could be that too. 

Check back through the archives here and on the rny board, there are a lot of good messages on the plateau busting program.  Hope that you will feel better soon, I'm definitely not looking forward to getting to a plateau myself but realistically it will happen eventually.

Molly

mandefarmer
on 12/7/06 9:45 am - decatur, IN

Hello

I had a revision almost a year ago. I too am losing much slower than I expected. I have heard that is typical for revisions. We lose much slower. I have lost 74 in the last year but I thought it would be a lot more. I have had to get to the point where I say "even if its slow its still coming off."  Think of it this way... its the very fast weight loss that has a tendency to come back, by losing it slow it will stay off. I did hit a plateau about 6 months that lasted for about 2 months. I was scared to death and thought I wasn't going to lose any more. I lost many inches during that time. Then I went back to basics reevaluated what I was eating and started over. I then started losing again, not fast by any means, I have lost 5 ponds a mo for the last 4 months. Its difficult to hang in there and I lose focus quite often but I do my best and that's all I can do. And that's all you can do.

Micah

Linnrr
on 12/8/06 1:36 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Thank you to everyone who posted to me .I am feeling much better and I have lost a few more pounds.But it was hard on my tummy and sleeping thorugh the night. Please let us all keep posting this sure helps my day.Now if only I could  figure out the rpofile pictures.. Linda In Ca.......
Most Active
Recent Topics