1st hurdle passed

slickgt
on 11/11/06 3:25 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Hi everyone.  I had a RNY in May 2005.  After month 7 I quit losing.  I could eat more and more.  Now, 18 months after my surgery I'm starting to gain weight.  I've gained back 9 pounds.  I complained enough that my HMO PCP referred me back to the surgeon that did my RNY.  I am so HAPPY he has agreed to do a revision!  He is going to recommend to my PCP that he make the bottom part of my pouch and the pouch outlet smaller and bypass more intestine (he said basically switching me to a DS configuration). I was so worried that he would not want to do anything.  So, now, I just have to pray that my HMO will approve this.  The surgeon said he is booked through the end of the year, so I won't be able to get a surgery date until after the 1st of the year, but that is fine with me.  I've waited this long, I can wait a few more months. Ed
mikenfortmill
on 11/12/06 4:34 am - Fort Mill, SC
Hey Ed... I hope all goes well for you.... I myself need a revision... and will need to start on that journey soon.  Keep us posted... I will be thinking of you and my partner and I will say a prayer for everything to work out for you..... Mike
slickgt
on 11/12/06 1:12 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Mike, thanks for the reply.  I read your profile, boy have you been through a lot!  Why do you need a revision now?  Thanks for the prayers!  I can always use them   Keep me posted, ok? Ed
mikenfortmill
on 11/13/06 9:08 am - Fort Mill, SC
Thanks Ed for replying.  As you read my profile, you saw I had those two emergency surgeries... Well... from them, the Stoma (opening from pouch to intestines) had to be sewn a little bigger... as at that time, it had to be done. I was having to many complications and my body needed fluids, etc. As I had gone so long with nothing. Now, it is twice the size it shoul be, and food is falling right on through.. and I have gained about 30 pounds back. I will most likely have to have the Stoma tightened in the near future.. my surgeon has just started doing that. However, I first have to STOP drinking with meals.. .and I am doing better with it.. but, a hard habit to break.  I still eat sometiems, for emotional comfort.... a lot to go through some days.... Life is good.. but, having lived with a secret about my lifestyle for so many years, it is hard to overcomes some things.. thus, I eat!!! Keep in touch with me.... And I wish you all the very best!!! Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics