Info needed ASAP, please

Loris
on 11/12/06 2:56 am - Midlothian, VA
Renee A.'s  gastro doctor finally diagnosed her problem with a barium x-ray.  It showed that her WLS "overdid" her bypass.  Everything she ingests goes completely through her system in one half hour.  She is getting no nutrition.  Her protein levels are very low.  He does have her colitis under control.  His is transferring her a hospital in Decautur, Alabama to see her old surgeon as soon as he can get her a little more built up, maybe as soon as tomorrow.  I cautioned her about letting that doctor operate on her for obvious reasons and because revisions are so difficult to do. Renee is only three months out If anyone knows of a good doctor to refer her to in Alabama or the surrounding area, she asks that you contact me ASAP. I am taking this hard myself.  I know this is not about me, but I got to know Renee in Lexington and have grown very fond of her this week with our phone calls.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

IBPandora
on 11/27/06 5:23 am
I suggest you contact Dr. John Gleysteen at the University of ALabama Medical Center in BIrmingham; he did my original RNY in 1995, and is extremely experienced both in the original surgery and revisions. He will either be able to help her or can refer you to someone who can help.
John J Gleysteen (205) 975-8750 Uab Medical Ctr,Birmingham, AL 35203
Most Active
Recent Topics