8 Days Post op in still in a lot of pain....

Amie S.
on 11/14/06 1:14 am
I am looking for anyone that has had a previous VBG (open) and has had a revision to RNY (Lap)... I had surgery last Monday (8 days ago) and am shocked with the amount of paing I am still having.  I can get up and down okay - although feel like I am going to pass out most of the time.  Did anyone else have a lot of pain this far out?  I look at some of the posts from people that have had RNY (no revision) and it seems they are back up and running within a week..  I have to say I am starting to feel pretty depressed and am questioning if I made the right choice.. Any help, cooments, or advice would be so GREATLY appreciated!! Amie
katiyor
on 11/14/06 10:30 am - Gurnee, IL
Amie -- Contact your surgeon -- you should not be dizzy or uncomfortable.  I had enough pain meds so that I could stay active within 3 days after surgery.  It took me a full month before I could roll over in bed at night because it was painfulI even with meds. And it did, however, take me about 4 weeks before I could go without pain meds  -- at least at night.   The thing with my revision -- maybe for you too -- was that I had a lot of adhesions from the previous surgery and my doc took the time to remove them -- so that means that I wasn't as quick to recover as those who were not having revision -- my whole abdomen on the left side was cut between the skin and the organs there I hope this helps you some kat
Casey Q.
on 11/14/06 12:11 pm - Dayton, OH
Amie, I would call your surgeon just to be safe.  I was in a hell of a lot of pain, but I had a Lap AGB to a Open RNY.   They also had a hard time finding a drug to keep me comfortable. 

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics