Please Help! 6 Weeks Since Revision - 4 lb Weight Gain

Marilync1266
on 11/17/06 1:16 am
Hi everyone, this message is not for me but for my husband.  He is so upset and I don't know what to do.  He had the lapband surgery sometime ago and it slipped, so then in August he had the band removed and was supposed to get they RNY.  They were not able to do the rny at the time because there was too much scar tissue from the slip.  Between the time he had the band removed and his surgery, he gained about 25 lbs.  He had the rny on 10/6/06 but the dr said that his stomach did not complete go back to the normal shape because of the band.  We think this means he has a bigger pouch than normal.  At the time of the surgery, my husband weight 455 lbs (he's 6'1).  After 2 weeks he lost 25 lbs and after 1 month he lost 31 lbs.  In the past 12 days, he lost about 3 lbs but have since gained back 4 lbs.  So in 6 weeks, he has lost 30 lbs but 25 lbs of that is what he gained between August and October after having the band removed. He just does not think this surgery will work for him.  My heart breaks for him and I don't know how to help him. My husband would never post this himself, so that is why I did.  If there has been anyone that has gone through this, please let me know.  I know he would feel better if he knew that he was not the only one. You can post to this message or email me at:  [email protected] Thanks, Marilyn
blessed1
on 11/21/06 3:27 am - Pikesville, MD
Hi Sweety, Let your hubby know that the scale will go up and down, do not get discouraged or depressed.  Stay off the scale.  Trust I am a revision and I remember my first surgery I did do well, but I got a ulcer so I had to get a revision, but anyway my first surgery I was weightiing myself twice a week or anytime I can get on a scale and that's not good.  Your body goes through changes so I probably is loosing inchea and gaining muscle and muscle weighs for than fat.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 1/14/07 4:03 am
Please recap for me what he eats on a daily basis and what he drinks on a daily basis.  Include portion sizes and frequency.  I will try to help you to adjust anything I can to help.  You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics