New lapband after erosion

Lena Kay
on 11/19/06 12:52 am - WA
Has anyone had experience with replacing a lapband (after healing from erosion)?  From what I've read it is quite commonly done in Europe, but I don't know anything definite.  I was very happy with my band the first time, and the erosion was just bad luck.  I'm also trying to find  statistics on the success rate of lapband replacement after erosion, if anybody can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 12/1/06 12:58 pm - Tuvalu
I have read that many surgeons feel that the best predictor of future complications is past complications...and, for that reason, tend to not reband after erosion.  Of course, i think some will, too. These guys say it's working out: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=15946452&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum Sue
Lena Kay
on 12/2/06 6:54 am - WA
Thanks for your response.  It looks like I'll probably be getting a vertical sleeve because there just isn't enough evidence of successful longterm re-banding.
ramwelch
on 12/3/06 11:12 am - somewhere, CT
thats the way i would go too.
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/07 4:23 am - Big Sky Country, ID
After about 6 mo. of healing the lapband can often be replaced.  Just because it eroded once does not mean it willh happen again...times have changed....more improvements have been made.
Most Active
Recent Topics