Had my revision done.....

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/06 1:14 am - Trail, Canada
Had my revision done 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. The energy, the MOTIVATION I have is crazy. I'm pretty close to pain free, just the odd pain around my insicion (I was done open). I love that I want to get out and walk... ok, maybe I dont want to.. but, I still do!  I watch what I eat, I try to do all I can and not sit around and wait to heal. I've been out of the house, shopping, doing things every day but one since being home. out shopping, just keeping myself as active as I could. Its great to have that motivation. I just cant believe that 14 days post op, I was down 30 pounds. My original surgery, there just wasn't much if any loss, granted it had been done wrong... but getting to see the differences now... is amazing!
blessed1
on 11/21/06 3:23 am - Pikesville, MD
Hi Congrats, I am a revision post ops also, but I don't know if it's in my head or what, do you feel your pouch area yet.  Meaning do you get a close to full feeling or are you still afraid to get to that point? Did the Dr. revise your pouch area in addition to revising your intestine?
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/06 3:42 am - Trail, Canada
my surgery was different than most. My original surgery... was preformed right. I did indeed have the rny before, but my pouch was not sectioned off from my stomach properly meaning 99% of food was going in my old stomach and going through my body as if I never had surgery. No intestine was touched... which does bother me, my first surgeon bypassed LESS than 60CM I wished the current surgeon would have added more to that. Hes made it clear I WILL have to work harder than most so I'm more motivated and focused on that. this time around all my surgeon did was fix the section so I have a definate pouch. It is larger than what narmally would be done, but thats ok.  I have eaten to the point of being full, it doesn't take much. Just depends on the food. I know a scrambled egg... I can barely eat one, but if its fried (no oil) I can eat one, just fine. I can eat 1/4 cup sun flower seeds and be highly fuul. I grind them first and just slowly eat the little pieces.  I have been able to eat anything with no issues. I'm slowing down though as I'm scared to over do it I definatly feel the pouch, whether it be cold or hot items, I can tell an immidiate difference from prior to surgery to now. I love having some restriction now
msnd67
on 11/29/06 3:38 am - Gilbert, AZ

I'm so happy to hear someone is happy with their revision and is loosing weight; I was beginning to think I may be making a mistake. I’m scheduled for a RNY on Dec 20th and after reading all the post I was getting scared that I won't loose the weight. I had a Vertical band done about 6 years ago and have gained a lot of the weight back it doesn't help that my old doctor didn't do the procedure right. Thanks for giving me back a glimmer of hope.

LisaE
on 11/29/06 10:47 pm - Nazareth, PA
WOW!!  I'm so jealous (in a good way....)!  I have been FIGHTING for almost 2 years with my insurance company to pay for my revision....can I ask?  What insurance do you have?  What was your "reason" for having the revision?  I had a VBG done over 22 years ago....I had lost a significant amount of weight but now I can't keep down any food of "value".  Carbs and sugery foods seem to stay down but I get sick with any protein, etc...I know that the RNY is a totally different surgery from the VBG and of course improved from 22 years ago but my insurance will not cover me. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated!!  Enjoy the NEW you!!  Much continued success!!!  Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/06 11:30 pm - Trail, Canada
Thanks for the well wishes and everything, its apreciated As for insurance, I'm in Canada, the surgery is covered under basic medical... for everyone. You just have 3-5 years to wait. Joys of medical, but at least it IS covered.  Sorry I cant be of any help
asexynana
on 12/16/06 7:03 am - OH
hi  is that when that is called when they give u a 2nd gastic bypass? why i asked is this past sat i was rushed to the hospital with awful pains and threwing on for 2 days  i had my 1 gastic bypast done 7/19/2004 and had lost a little over a 100 lbs. when in the hospital and they gave me another gastic bypast the only thing they didn`t do was redo my stomach,they took another 75 cc of something , and repaired my 2 bowels he thought there were  dead but he saved them and i also had a hernia in between both of the them. please let me know is  that what it is called that i hav had done don`t see new dr intill tues   thanks susan
lorrainealbanese
on 12/24/06 4:47 am
I had RNY done 4 years ago and lost 170# but gained about 70#.  Do they do the surgery again to make the pouch smaller?  Is that what you had done?  Thanks Lorraine
lorrainealbanese
on 12/31/06 3:13 am
I did get some answers but not really what I'm looking for...has anyone approached their doctor and asked for another surgery, either the same as what was done the first time or another weight loss surgery to make the pouch smaller to loose more weight so you feel that fullness more??  At first I was full right away, now I can eat at least a cup of most anything and keep gaining.
Most Active
Recent Topics