Reversal

Jennifer B.
on 12/10/06 7:55 am - Dallas, Tx
Hi.. does anyone know if you have to have "insurance approval" to have your surgery reversed? Since I have been having so many complications.. i am looking into that. and does anyone know how easily it can be reversed? I had the SRVG (Silastic Ring Vertical Gastroplasty) Thanks so much for all of yalls advise and support!
PedalSteelGirl
on 1/2/07 4:32 am - Silver Spring, MD
I have been offered "reversal" of my RNY while in the hospital for complications...but no one was specific as to why they thought the problems would not straighten out over time as opposed to needing reversal. I also felt that not enough effort had been made to rectify the problems before simply offering up another surgery. If you have exhausted all means to fix problems, I understand; but bear in mind you probably can never have it done again. Most of my friends who have even needed revisions (where their well-being was at stake) have not had a problem getting insurance to pay. Good luck, and hang in there!
Jo Ann
mitcha
on 3/15/07 6:10 am
Hey Jennifer,  What is going on with you now? ARe you doing better? Did you have revision surgery? I am having LapBand in 1 week. All the scary stories on this site are freaking me out! Jennifer M.
Most Active
Recent Topics