lap band to DS??

dawn_from_mn
on 12/11/06 10:11 pm - St. James, MN
I currently have a lap band and have had it fo r two years.  I believe that it has slipped and looking for information on a revision to DS.  Wondering if anyone has had that surgery and if anyone knows what kind of a fight I am going to have with my insurance co.  I have BS/BC of Minnesota.
Vanessa B.
on 12/13/06 12:47 am - Jonesborough, TN
I am currently in this process. I have Anthem BCBS. My surgeon is Dr. John Husted from San Francisco. It has been a terribly long process. I would suggest you call them and get you to e-mail their medical policy regarding WLS to you. Anthem did that for me. I have been waiting for 7 months now and should get an answer by the end of the month. Patience is the key.......... Vanessa
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/06 5:34 am - TX
If you'll come over to the DS forum you'll find others who have had revisions to DS from lapband.  Ms. Calculator and Deb B come to mind immediately.  I love my DS!
~~Sami~~ *.
on 1/22/07 7:15 am - Jacksonville, FL

I've met three or so Lap-Band to DS revisions and all have been extremely happy.  Try asking on the Lap-Band or DS boards, too. I've also met quite a few Australians who have gone Lap-Band to VSG (1st part of a DS) and been quite happy.  The option to go with the switch exists... but some docs are reporting that up to 80% of their patients don't need it.  Check out the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy forum to meet some of them.

Most Active
Recent Topics