Dr thomspon Endo Bypass Repair * I need all feedback*

slow and steady
on 12/15/06 10:08 pm - MA
Hi Guys, I am scheduled on the 17th of Jan.  I need all feedback regarding this procedure. PLEASE!!!! happy holidays
donnabug57
on 12/29/06 6:44 am - Port St. Lucie, FL

Hello, I had the procedure July 11, 2006 and have lost about 46 pounds, the procedure is not scary at all, I was down only 1 day and I think that was just because of the anthesia.  You lose it very slowly compared to the original surgery, he made the stoma very small and if I overeat it really hurts, you can still do bad with the soft foods, so really work on your head, they just can't operate on that.  I will start doing exercises now that the holidays are over and know that I will lose more.  Dr. Thompson is a very good doctor and knows what he is doing. My insurance also paid for the procedure, at first they denied it but realized in a short amount of time, it is a true repair. Good luck, Donna B

slow and steady
on 1/2/07 10:41 pm - MA
I just called BCBS and they said that the procedure codes are too vague and old.  Dr Thompson's secretary said that most insurance companies do not pay.   I dont know what to do.  Should I take my chances and fight. Any input?
slow and steady
on 12/30/06 5:12 am - MA
Thanks Donna,   I definately going through with it. Did you loose the bulk of your weight  at first.  I know there is a liquid diet for 2 weeks.  I only lost about 60 lbs from the RNY, I never gained.  I wonder if I will even lose that much.. I hope so.. I know about the head work.  You definately need that. I am not used to eating soft foods, so I wont being doing that.  I just want to get back to my old jean size.   I like to excercise, when I have time.   Any one else have any Endo Repairs?
Most Active
Recent Topics