RNY TO DS Revision????????

Melanie13
on 12/28/06 12:01 am - Newport News, VA
Hi Everyone,  Anyone had RNY to DS ???   Complications????????  Success with weight loss?????????  
Kryst
on 12/30/06 7:48 pm - NYC, NY
Hi Melanie, I'm going to have DS from RNY.. I've read a few post on the DS board where people had this done and they are doing great! I had RNY in 2001 and since then gained back 50 lbs! :(  I hear that the DS has better long term results.. You may wanna read the DS board it's loaded with info.. Good luck with your decision.. Kryst
Ms S.
on 1/2/07 10:49 am
Hi Melanie; same questions I have; I got a lot of help on the DS board...Here's the link to my post.... http://beta.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/action, replies/board_id,5357/cat_id,4957/topic_id,3182319/ Luv Sharon
beth75
on 1/3/07 2:18 pm - Brownsboro, AL
Hi Melanie, I had a DS from a failed RNY with wonderful results so far.  The success rates and the long term success is much better than with the RNY.  You can also eat more normally with the DS.  There are less surgeions available that are competent at revision surgeries to DS so you need to do your homework.  The DS forum is a good place to go to get lots of information.  Dr. Husted and Dr. John Rabkin did my revision in San Francisco.  They've done hundreds and have a very low complication rate  Their web site compares the different surgeries,  They are located at www.paclap.com.  Good luck to you.
Beth75           Slow and Steady wins the race!     
  Open Revision RNY to DS  AT GOAL  I LOVE MY DS

Most Active
Recent Topics