Had RNY in 2003 Wanted Lap Band Revision

Jenny0327
on 1/1/07 10:27 am - GERMANTOWN, MD
I had RNY in May 2003 and lost 220 lbs, but have gained back 98 lbs since June of 2006.  I was just wondering if anyone has Kaiser and had a revision approved, if not, what the estimated cost of a revision would be.  I'm leaning toward the Lap Band if possibe. Thanks! Jenny
leslienye
on 1/1/07 1:36 pm - Boerne, TX
Jenny, I just had a Revision done 1 week ago. I too had an RNY but mine was in 2001. I gained back some of my weight due to Gastric Fistulas that had developed . My old stomach and intestine were functioning as well. Check out my profile. The revision surgery is approx. $18,000.00. My I nsurance covered it because of the complications. Leslie Nye
Jenny0327
on 1/2/07 9:38 am - GERMANTOWN, MD

Leslie, Thanks for responding, I've been searching for so long to find an estimated price on a revision.   How did you know you had Gastric Fistulas and your old stomach was functioning?  Were you in pain?  I doubt my insurance will cover it, but I'm going to look into it anyways.  Thanks again!

Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/07 1:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
Revisions in Mexico are $14K.  Not sure about the states.
leslienye
on 1/3/07 8:00 am - Boerne, TX
Jenny, I didn't know those things until Dr Cavazos did an endoscopy and UGI. I went to see him because I had gained some of my weight back and did not want to gain it all back since mine was not that successful to begin with. I was not having any pain. I now understand that A Gastric Fistula is rather common with the RNY procedure. 
Rainbo327
on 1/15/07 9:19 pm

Hi Jenny

My name is Debbe, it's nice to see someone in the same situation as myself....I had my initial surgery back in 2004....I've gained a lot of weight back....I haven't been back to my original surgeon since way back, cause I feel like such a failure, and don't know where to go from here....

I don't know much about this fiscula ...lol  However you spell it......but I'm definitely gonna do some research before I see him again.....thanks!!

Debbe

Most Active
Recent Topics