Been There Did That - Lap Band over RNY

Reeree
on 1/2/07 2:12 am - Children of the Corn, IL
I have been on the surgical weight loss trail for a long time, and I found one thing out. I have to address the root problem. I found a program that has helped me accomplish what I desire, and aid my revision process to be successful.  I was crushed when the weight went up and down after my revision( resulting in very, very little weight loss after my 1 year revision surgery), I was looking for a miracle, but I needed to put some work behind the process, which I did, but I never had the success as others. Once I reached out to a friend, he threw me a lifeline to successful weight loss. I know now that I don't have to be a slow loser, or seek for another revision. There is life after revision slow and no weight loss!!!!! Don't give up, hang in there!! I'm here for all revision seekers and post revision WLS individuals. In 2007 I have dedicated my life to give support and help to those who have been where I was, and help those find and receive the support they need to be successful, and regain the life that they have always wanted.    If you need support through the process I will be here for you!!!!!!!!! I had only one person in the past 12 years that I could depend on, and be a shoulder to lean on, so I want to Pay It Forward. Your 2007 Buddy  Lana
leslienye
on 1/3/07 8:18 am - Boerne, TX
Lana, Thank you for the post. I originally had my RNY in 2001.  A few weeks later I losy both my parents,unexpectedly. I just had a revision done 12/26/2006. So far I feel great. I had fistulas and adhesions which I understand are quite frequent. The doctor tells me that my pouch is approx half the size it used to be, so I assume the pouch was a little big.I am taking things one day at a time. Leslie Nye
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/07 8:23 am - TX
awww......that is so sweet.  I wish you a terrific 2007.  I am also a revision but from RNY to DS.  I'm down 65 lbs in 4 months.  Did you go back up because your band slipped?
Reeree
on 1/4/07 8:04 am - Children of the Corn, IL
My band hasn't slipped but I have been at the same weight for almost a year. Iwas at a stand still and I exercise like a crazy women. Well a friend of mine lead me to a great, inexpensive, internet program that has helped me to start losing again. Thank God for friends!!! Who Listen!!!!! I have all the tools to transform my life, with food diary, workout generator, and a host of internet tools that keep me honest. We are very blessed people to have went through the process of a 1st WLS and then go under again to obtain what we desire. We are  people who don't give up easily. Glad to be a part of the revision family - Winner with pupose!!! Lana
Jo Ann
on 1/4/07 8:24 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Lana, thanks for your post and positive support!!    I had my revision from lap band to RNY May 31,2006. It sure had been a frustrating journey and it's just great to hear someone who is so positive. It helps me not to give up hope!! I was at a standstill for 7 weeks, finally lost 5lbs and once again at another stand still. It sometimes makes you want to give up but when you hear something like this it gives you the hope to keep trucking along!! Thanks again for a little inspiration!! Jo Ann

Jo Ann

Banded 7/13/05
Removed 5/31/06
Revision 5/31/06

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/07 4:16 am, edited 1/7/07 4:25 am - Big Sky Country, ID
Congratulations.  You should visit the lapband forum.  We have a woman there that originally had RNY and was just banded.  We would be happy to have you.  I had my band placed 6 mo. ago and I'm down 70 some pounds and love my band.  Looking forward to seeing you.  There is never a dull moment on the lapbanding forum..it's open 24/7 and lots and lots of great advice.  We would love to have you. Dee
Cathy A.
on 2/7/07 12:39 am - Modesto, CA

I was just banded after having a RNY in 2002. I have just started this journey so I don't know how it will come out but I do feel hopeful. I think support is so important and would be glad to try to help you and myself. I have started a group and would love for you and anyone else interested to join it is http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Revisionbandsters/   It is a small group but will grow and we all have the same issues. Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics