Thinking about revision - Cincinnati area

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/07 3:48 am
Posted this on a couple boards, but wanted as many replies as possible Hi. I had open RNY in Jan of 2002. I lost 125 pounds during the first 8 months only. Then I started regaining the weight. I put over 60 pounds back on. At this point, I'm still at 260 pounds (5'6"). I can eat anything I want, and I'm hungry every two hours. I'm trying to diet again, and I've lost about 10 pounds so far. I'm wanting to look into a revision, but don't know which doctor I should try to get in to see. Any suggestions for the Cincinnati, OH area? I had my RNY in Georgetown, KY, but now live in OH and would prefer to see a dr closer to me. The doc who did my surgery moved to TN as well. Also, my PCP here is a quackster, oh how I miss my Primary doc in KY. My current doctor actually suggested getting braces when I approached her about helping with my weight. NO KIDDING. So, if I need a referral, it would be great if any of you can suggest a good PCP as well. I have BCBS PPO insurance and hope like crazy they will pay for a revision. Any help is appreciated!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/07 7:58 am - TX
HI, I had BCBS National PPO and they paid for my revision.  I too, had an RNY that failed and I was hungry every 2 hours.  Read my profile if you'd like to.  And come check out the DS forum.  http://obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,535 7/ Here are some really good surgeons.

Dayton

Toledo

Neil R. Thomford, MD Phone : 419-383-3940 Medical College of Ohio at Toledo 3065 Arlington Avenue Toledo, OH 43614

Most Active
Recent Topics