Please help, need Dr for Revision of RNY in Columbus, OH

Jennifer F.
on 1/9/07 1:06 am - Westerville, OH
My original RNY was Dec 2000, I never even got close to goal, or made it out of the obese catagory.  I want to look into my options of a revision or adding a band over my pouch, but need to a find a new Dr.  My previous surgery was done at the Barix Clinics and they aren't covered under my insurance any longer. Any referrels or sugesstions will be greatly appreciated.
beth75
on 1/15/07 6:30 am - Brownsboro, AL
Have you considered the DS?  I had inadequate weight loss with the RNY also and i went to a revision to the DS because I felt I needed more malabsorption than a smaller pouch.  It may  be something you want to consider as another option.  What doctors in the Ohio area I'm not sure but if you go to the DS forum, there is a lot of information there.  I've had great results with my revision and none of the problems of the pouch.  I do have to be sure to take my supplements because of the malabsorption but since I'm no longer diabetic it is worth it to me.  If you have any questions, email me at [email protected]. Beth
Beth75           Slow and Steady wins the race!     
  Open Revision RNY to DS  AT GOAL  I LOVE MY DS

Goldie221
on 2/2/07 1:25 pm
Hi, I had surgery in 2003 the rny... I weighed 280, and got done to 186... and now I'm back up to 214... they wanted me to weight 155 originally... I talked to the my bariatric surgern the other day, and he told me I need exercise... I feel sick all the time, my blook sugar get's super low, and I dump all the time.. He said the DS would just make me miserable... Where did you get yours done???
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/07 7:40 am - TX

Hi Goldie, Beth and I both went to SF (from AL for Beth and IL for me) and had our revision from failed RNY to DS by Dr. Husted.  He is absolutely one of the best for revisions to DS in the world.

Why did your Doctor say that the DS would make you miserable?  He couldn't be more wrong.  Both Beth and I (and I know she won't mind my answering for her, as we talk on the phone, so I know this is true) LOVE OURS!  no more crappy dumping, no vomiting, no food getting "stuck", great weight loss and we know it's gone forever with nothing with the DS to go mechanically wrong, unlike the RNY which has a high failure and regain rate.

Good luck and keep doing your research and asking questions.  Come over to the DS board. 

sopralto
on 2/26/07 11:43 am - WA
I had a revision from RNY to DS 5 months ago. I used to get symptoms of low blood sugar about an hour or two after eating simple carbs, kinda like a "late dump", weak, sweaty, fast pulse, ravenously hungry. Since my DS, I never dump. That is a very nice benefit. If I eat too many carbs I get gas though. I have only lost 45lbs, but my pouch was left alone, so I didn't expect to lose fast.
Tara S.
on 2/20/07 11:32 am - Grove City, OH
Hi Jennifer I just wanted to wish you luck.   I just had my surgery at the Barix and I really loved it there.  Dr. Viglianco did a great job.  I know that Philip Price at Mt. Carmel East is a Big wig in WLS you should check him out.

Tara.................I dare to dream smaller 

Most Active
Recent Topics