stomaphx south of the border??

darnell239
on 8/8/07 12:40 am - Columbia, SC
Lately, there has been a lot of talk about the stomaphx procedure.  As we all know most insurance companies are not paying for it and many people do not have about $10,000 sitting around to pay for it.  I was wondering if anyone has heard if any doctor in Mexico or Costa Rica is performing this procedure?  From what I heard about these countries surgery procedures are about half the price as the U.S.  I am trying to research this and if someone finds information about doctors south of the border performing this procedure.  Please let the forum know and I will do the same. 
classite
on 8/8/07 10:43 pm - Battle Ground, WA
I would check out Europe as I believe that is where it originated from (Belgium I think).
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Amyiable
on 8/8/07 11:40 pm
In early June I emailed places Mexico to ask about this & they just replied that this was something they did not do.  My read was that they didn't know what it was & weren't interested.  I contacted a place in Costa Rica who DID show an interest & then signed up for a conference in July.  They didn't commit or anything, but they DID sign up for a conference & were open to hearing more ... a good sign.   http://www.medicaltoursinternational.com/  Contact them & ASK.  Please let us know what you find out.  I suspect this will be coming to places over the border ... just don't know how long.   I'm open to going to Europe, but I don't have contact information.  With the Central America locations, they are good with information about travel, hotel, etc, some help arrange your travel.   With Dr. Overcash, they told me where to fly in, and the phone number of the hotel accross the street from the hospital.  Amy
Susie221
on 8/9/07 10:53 am - UK
If you decide to come to Europe you will be paying $7000 so not much difference ,well I guess $3500 is a lot really ... but then there is air fare and accomodation to consider ? Susie x
Most Active
Recent Topics