Endoscopic Schlerotherapy Costs

sandyfeets
on 8/8/07 6:26 am, edited 8/8/07 1:43 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
I had ED Schlerotherapy on June 26th. I had no idea if my insurance (BCBS/FL PPO) would cover it or not--but I was doing it anyway.
THEY COVERED IT!!!!
The bills came in today from the hospital and the doc. I owe the hospital $203 and the doc $116. The other $3220 was all taken care of by insurance and the insurance "in network" discount.
I am thankful!!! I have lost another 10 lbs since the procedure. I'll take whatever weight loss I can get---whichever way I can get it. YIPEEEEEEE

Barbara T.
on 8/8/07 1:16 pm
I AM GLAD THAT YOUR INSURANCE PICKED UP THE BILL! HOW ARE YOU ARE FEELING AFTER THE PROCEDURE? DO YOU FEEL MORE OF A RESTRICTION?

"It's Never too Late to be what you might have been"...George Eliot
sandyfeets
on 8/8/07 1:42 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
No real restriction---but I no longer get hungry an hour after eating. My pouch is no longer empyting as quickly---and that was the problem.
Now I eat the "regular amount" for me--about 6 oz of food ---get full and STAY full for about 3 hours.

Barbara T.
on 8/8/07 3:17 pm
awsome! I am finding that as the months go by I don't have the same restriction that I once did. I am a little concerned that as time goes by it will be less and less. I do tend to eat foods on the softer side so this may be the reason why I am expieriencing this. It's good to read several posts including yours that may offer a solution in the near future should I feel that I may need to address this matter with my doctor.
Thanks for the input.

"It's Never too Late to be what you might have been"...George Eliot
sandyfeets
on 8/9/07 1:27 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
I was told by the GI doc that he would do the procedure no more than 2 times. He said after that, he was afraid the scarring would degrade the tissue and weaken it. That could result in a tear of the actual "connection" and require emergency surgery. Something we ALL want to avoid--docs and patients.
I agreed with him----twice would be the most.

ddam7
on 10/25/07 3:56 am - crystal lake, IL
can anyone please tell me other doctors who do sclerotherapy other than dr baker in grand rapids michigan please thanks dede
Most Active
Recent Topics