REVISION SELF PAY TO DS

HOMECAREGRL
on 8/8/07 4:47 pm - granite city, IL
HELLO THERE I HAVE A QUESTION.. AND NO I DON'T NEED A REVISION I'M STILL FAIRLY NEW RNY... ANYWAY I KNOW YOU CAN BE REVISED FROM AN RNY TO A DS .. QUESTION IS IF YOUR SELF PAY WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GO? ARE THERE DOCS HERE THAT ARE AFFORDABLE OR DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY? MY AUNT IS IN HER FIFTIES AND HAD RNY 9 MTHS AGO AND HAS ONLY LOST 45 POUNDS AND NOT A POUND IN 5 MTHS.. SHE WANTS TO REVISE TO DS IF POSSIBLE... SHE WILL GO OUT OF US IN NEEDED.... I HOPE I DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM, MY SIS ALSO LOOKING INTO REVISION... MY AUNT DOES NOT USE A COMPUTER SO I SAID I'D ASK FOR HER... ALSO WILL THEY EVEN REVISE THE SURGERY WHEN SHE'S NOT OUT EVEN A YEAR, OR WILL THEY IF SHE IS SELF PAY AND DONT NEED APPROVAL FROM INSURANCE?ANY INFO OR INSIGHT GREATLY APPRECIATED...
homecaregrl
sopralto
on 8/9/07 12:10 am - WA
Dr. Baltazar, in Spain is skilled in revisions. So is Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba Brazil. I believe Dr. Ungson in Mexico also does revisions. I had a similar experience, I only lost 70lbs in the first year after my RNY and then regained it all. I went to Marchesini. My RNY was too old for a complete revision, but with one so new, her pyloric valve may still be saved. Good luck.
mycoyoteridge
on 8/14/07 4:17 pm - AZ
I am going in Thursday morning for my revision Distal.  Dr. Eric Schlesinger, my surgeon does this procedure and other revision procedures in his Phoenix office. His profile is listed on this website. I am paying for my own surgery and he is reasonable with his prices.  Send him e-mail at [email protected] or visit his website at www.azwls.com. Continued success on your own surgery.   Diane
classite
on 8/16/07 4:39 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Thank you so much for posting this information and please keep us updated on your revision success.  I am looking into either a revision to DS or Stomaphyx and just sent off an email to his office.  Thanks again, Cheryl in Battle Ground, WA
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/07 9:47 pm - TX

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

This site has confirmed DS surgeons and accepts no payments from surgeons saying that they do the DS when in fact, they don't or are very limited with experience.  A revision from RNY to Ds is the most complex surgery going (I had one almost a year ago) and it is imperative that anyone contemplating this understands the risks are higher and finding a true experienced DS surgeon with a great track record is imperative.

Best of luck.  I understand Dr. Peters in PA is the least expensive DS surgeon in the US at around 19,000 but do not know if he does revisions from RNY to DS.  I'd start by calling the surgeons listed at above site closest to my home.  It's a lot of work but so worth it in the long run. 

My insurance paid for my revision with 2 of the top guns (Rabkin and Husted) because I had mechanical failure of my RNY, BMI of over 35 with comorbities, so perhaps your Aunt can investigate that route first.

Most Active
Recent Topics