First Support Group Meeting Post Revision

AnninTX
on 8/9/07 1:06 pm - Dallas, TX
I went to my first support group meeting that Baylor Medical Center conducts monthly tonight.  It is the first one I have attended since the revision.  When it came time to do breakout discussion groups, I was put with the Newbie Group (less than six months).  It felt really weird since the group leader had less experience than my four years.  There is a certain look of fear that comes across some people's faces when they learn you have had a revision.  Your presence is a reminder that things can go wrong or regain is possible. I attended because I know how important support is to long-term success.  The best thing I got out of going was accidentally meeting one of my OH friends in person. What do you say when someone asks why you had a revision?  What do you say without going into all the details or scaring someone to death?  How do you make your place in support or discussion groups when you have more experience or knowledge than the peer leader?  I will keep attending because I know it is important to me.  Maybe I will get more out of the September meeting. Just curious?
 Ann in TX
Starting 423/Current 320/Goal 190             
Loss since 7/30/7 revision= 36 lbs released

Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.

Helen Keller 
peggy5b
on 8/13/07 1:53 am - mansfield, TX
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your  first support group meeting at Baylor Medical Center . What do you say when someone asks why you had a revision? Maybe you could tell them you still wanted to lose more weight. I was hoping you or someone might know, How do find out how many Revisions Dr Arnold has done. I can't find the information on the Internet. How are you doing? Post surgery going OK? I am still waiting for insurance. I need to learn how to fix my picture Peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics