Is Stomphyx working

faybay
on 8/12/07 7:17 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
Cathy, anyone, what's happening.  Getting some negative reports.  Please update
Kaci Campbell
on 8/12/07 10:21 pm - Avondale, AZ
What kind of negative reports are you getting?  Where are you getting the information? Kaci
stacy B.
on 8/13/07 8:05 am - Wantagh, NY
I had the stomaphyx about 3 weeks ago by Dr. Garber in NY and already lost 16 lbs..  I am hardly ever hungry.  So fasr it is working great.  What kind of bad reports have you heard?
faybay
on 8/13/07 8:17 am - West Palm Beach, FL
Thank you Stacy.  The person who ate 3 slices of Pizza 5 days out really had me rattled.  Congrats on the 16 lbs.
Cheryl J.
on 8/27/07 1:02 am
Hi Stacy, How are you doing with the StomaPhyx procedure? I am scheduled for 9/18 along with my mother. I am so excited!
stacy B.
on 8/27/07 7:39 am - Wantagh, NY
So far I am doing great and have lost over 20 lbs. and have lots of restriction.  It gave me a second chance and I love Dr. Garber for helping change my life.  You are in great hands and good luck.  Keep in touch.
Amyiable
on 8/28/07 10:48 pm
Stacy, congratulations!  Thanks for writing.  Can I ask you what you eat drink?  Protein drinks?  Do you count calories or do you have an estimate of your calories?  Initially post op, I couldn't get much in ... maybe 200 cals per day of liquids.  Now I'm about 500-600 cals.  It's increasing.  Thanks for any reply. Amy
stacy B.
on 8/29/07 8:34 am - Wantagh, NY
I am eating mostly mushy foods and about 600 calories each day.  I love stomaphyx!!!
Cathy W.
on 8/13/07 1:35 pm
Whoa, 3 pieces of pizza?!!  There is absolutely no way I could eat that nor even want to.  It doesn't even sound good to me....now that's definitely different! I'm doing still really well.  I lost 13 pounds my first week and now I'm plateaued.  I know that it will continue.   As far as specifics as to how I'm doing.....I feel the restriction and am only eating 1/4 cup of mushy foods 3-6 times per day, depending on my hunger.  I feel the satiety 90% of the meals I eat.  Sometimes I have to muzzle the head hunger but it is minimal.   So far I am very grateful that I had the StomaphyX done.  I'd do it all over again to feel the wonderful restriction and satiety.  I'm very protective of this procedure and not pushing any limits.  I have been assured that it isn't a problem.  I am appreciative of this second chance at my surgery again so I'm not taking it for granted and being compliant with what I need to do.   I'll let you know if any problems come up, however, I don't anticipate that at all.  There are always problems you can hear about with anything.  Everyone needs to research and check out everything you can.  I know that I did.  I believe if you enter into having this procedure and know it is a great tool but isn't going to do it for us.  My opinion is that you need to commit to yourself to do what you need to do to feel the restriction and satiety.  For me, to get that back is worth the procedure, any dietary changes for 6 weeks, and with modifications for my smaller pouch and stoma.   Thanks for the support of everyone on this Board. Cathy
tina01
on 8/14/07 8:40 am - Wilmington, DE
Hi Cathy, I'm glad you are doing so well.  Are you exercising as well?  You are deff on the right track! And would you mind sharing what you are eating?  (mushy?? :-)  I committed today to having the Stomaphyx, and I'm scared to death, scared about spending the money I don't have, scared that I'll have a complication, scared that it won't work again... Thanks ! T
Most Active
Recent Topics