Insurance approval

darnell239
on 8/13/07 7:19 am - Columbia, SC
I got a call this afternoon from Dr. Overcash office stating that I have insurance approval for my revision.  I am still in awe considering it has been only 1 week and I didn't have to fight the way I did with my first surgery.  They even asked me to give them a surgery date.  Of course, I couldn't offer one due to the fact I am stil amazed at how easy this process was.  However, I am nervous about the surgery considering it is an open RNY.  I also have a fear that I might fail at this procedure the same way I failed my mini-gastri bypass.  I am so nervous about this entire thing.  I wanted this so bad and now that I was given approval I'm scared about going through it.  Is this normal?  Well, thanks for listening and please feel free to give any input or advice.
faybay
on 8/13/07 7:49 am - West Palm Beach, FL
My husband, my daughter and I all had open,  No problems.  You will be fine.  Your surgery will be successful, you are just having normal fear.
darnell239
on 8/13/07 8:42 am - Columbia, SC

Are you still having long term result with your surgery?  I keep hearing about alot of people who had the RNY who are seeking revisions.  As I said earlier I failed with the mini gastric bypass and I don't know if I can handle another failure.  Dr. Overcash tells me that the RNY is a much better surgery than the mini gastric bypass.  Also, how many days did you spend in the hospital after the surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics