Looking for information on revision

emrettig
on 8/14/07 12:35 am
I had an open RNY in Nov. of 2003.  Recent episodes of severe heatburn sent me back to the surgeon.  An Upper GI revealed a gastro/gastric fistula.  I will not have the revision until January because of school, and family events.   In the meantime I am trying to find information about the procedures the surgeon wants to do ...a gastric plication and removal of the lower part of the stomach.  I guess so the body won't try to reestablish connection between the pouch and stomach. Eileen
laineer
on 8/15/07 5:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Eileen, I had a revision with Dr. Overcash in Florida. He was great and he also is very experienced with revisions. I would definitely give him a call in Florida...William Todd Overcash.  Good luck!
emrettig
on 8/16/07 1:54 am
Even though I am close to Florida I don't have a problem using the same surgeon who did the original surgery partly for insurance reasons but also because I trust him.  I just got a bunch of information from the doctor and I am feeling a bit better.  I won't have it done until January because of my hectic schedule, classes, a church commitment, a family wedding. The stats I just read give the open revision a 0.05% mortality rate but a 20% other complication rate.  All I can do right now is take care of myself, don't skip my vitamins, keep a protein diet, and give the rest to God.  You will see me around the board  Thank you. Keep the Faith, Eileen 
faybay
on 8/18/07 12:46 am - West Palm Beach, FL
Am I the only one to gain weight on a liquid diet.  up five lbs.
Most Active
Recent Topics