Where should I start?

CaraScrv7
on 8/15/07 5:29 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Ok, so I have Tri-care prime and I want to have a revision.  I had my RNY in Dec of 03 and lost weight successfully.  However, shortly after (about a year) my weight loss suddenly stopped and I maintained that weight (240) for another two years.  Then I got pregnant and went up to 256 during the pregnancy.  My son is now three months old and my weight has crawled up to 260.  I have not changed how I am eating and feel sooo frustrated.  I really wanted a revision "pre-baby" but didn't know how to go about it.   For the last two years I have felt SO tired all of the time, get lots of heartburn, feel insanely hungry all of the time. , and my bowel movements are always eplosive and watery with undigested food in it.  Around the time I stopped losing weight I had been in a pretty severe car accident (18 Cars) and wonder if the trauma could have jarred something loose.  My Current Dr. is a D.O. and is kinda loopy.  Does anybody know doctors in the inland empire (california) that are pro-bybass and would fight for my revision? Anyhow, advice would be lovely!

Cathy A.
on 8/16/07 12:04 am - Modesto, CA
I am not sure where your city is but Dr Higa in Fresno is a great Dr and I drive 2 hours to see him. He did a revision on me and he is great.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/07 10:26 pm - TX

I would start by doing the research on what different weight loss revisions you could get.  For myself, I chose the revision to the DS, rather than having my RNY repaired because I just didn't want another surgery that could mechanically fail me.  I had an endoscopy and an upper GI and it was determined I had staple line disruption, a large gastric fistula and stoma enlargment.  I only wanted to go through this one last time. 

Being in CA you have an advantage in that CA has a better review board if you get denied but if you have medical necessity and documentation and your insurance covers WLS, getting approved shouldn't be a problem.

Check out my profile for more details.  My surgeons were in San Fran and I've done great with zero complications.

Most Active
Recent Topics