Info on StomaphyX at Event

Cathy W.
on 8/16/07 6:53 am, edited 8/16/07 6:53 am
Hi Everyone! I was at a meeting today and wanted to pass along some information that was discussed.     I know there are many members that are considering StomaphyX.  At the OH Event in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, September 8th, Dr. Overcash will be a speaker and discuss the StomaphyX procedure.  Dr. Overcash is one of the surgeons that performs this procedure.   In addition to the StomaphyX procedure, Dr. Overcash will be discussing the LapBand too.  He will hold a question and answer session about StomaphyX, RNY or LapBand after his presentation.  

If you want other information, you can go to the "Events" tab at the top of OH, or go to: http://www.obesityhelp.com/events/uzone,events/action,event_ details/?pkid=604&key=d8abc369afb37726e40dd64aa1f754ee

Amy Williams
on 8/16/07 7:17 am
This is awesome Cathy!  I know several people that live around me that are coming just to hear Dr. Overcash.  Unfortunately some people experience mechanical failure from our surgeries and this looks like a wonderful option for them or if you may experience weigh re-gain.  What a blessing to have a solution!  I'm looking forward to learning more myself so I'm educated about it. Looking forward to meeting some new people!

I've lost over 400 pounds!  
I love helping others, if you have a question just ask!  

Click on a link to read more about my journey:  
My website   My reconstructive photos 

Cathy W.
on 8/16/07 7:22 am, edited 8/16/07 7:23 am
Hi Amy, You are right!  I am so happy with my StomaphyX that I'm glad so many members will be able to learn more about it.  It will be a great opportunity to hear about it straight from Dr. Overcash plus ask their questions.   Even though I've already had it, I wish I could be there too!  Hopefully the members that attend can let us know by posting on the Revision Board. Cathy
Amy Williams
on 8/16/07 11:47 am, edited 8/16/07 11:48 am
I'm just curious.  The surgeon you had this done with did he tell you how many people can experience mechanical issue with the stoma?  Like it stretching out?  I know I worry about that and I'm sure that others do too.

I've lost over 400 pounds!  
I love helping others, if you have a question just ask!  

Click on a link to read more about my journey:  
My website   My reconstructive photos 

Cathy W.
on 8/16/07 12:19 pm
Hi Amy, Great question!  I knew I had issues and wanted to get them taken care of as soon as possible so I didn't ask that question.  It would be interesting to find out.  I sent an e-mail to check.  I'll let you know what I find out.   I worried about it too so I understand. I'll post when I know more. Cathy
Amy Williams
on 8/17/07 7:38 am
Thanks!  Looking forward to what you find out.
Most Active
Recent Topics