Hair Loss w/Revison surgery

jboogie4166
on 9/19/07 9:58 pm
I'm still in the process of making up my mind as to whether or not I want to have Revision Surgery.....I was 376 lbs. and I lost 171lbs.....I never got to my goal weight which is 140 lbs but I never expected too....I got down to 200 lbs and I was happy....I had a shape and couldn't keep the guys away.....I have over the past year and a half gain 40 lbs. and it is killing me....I've joined a exercise class and I try and watch what I eat but it's not coming off....Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has had the revision and lost their hair again???.....Mine thinned up in the front  and grew back but no ways as thick as it used to be....I'm afraid it I have the revision it will come out and won't grow back this time....What experiences have you guys had???....
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/07 11:06 pm - TX

I had revision surgery  (RNY to DS) in Aug 06 and am below my goal of 140.  I lost way more hair when I had the RNY than I did when I had my revision to the DS. Perhaps because my tummy was a little larger and it was easier to get all my protein in earlier?  

I don't know the answer to this as each of us is different.  I have very thick hair and it doesn't seem fair that those with thin hair seem to have problems.  

Most Active
Recent Topics