Wahoo! Today's the day for my Stomaphyx!

azlorri
on 9/19/07 11:28 pm - AZ
I'm getting very excited.  I need to be at Dr Schlesinger's office at noon for the procedure at 1pm.   Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be home by 4pm today.     I'll keep everyone posted!  Lorri
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/07 11:58 pm
Congratulatons Lorri and BEST of luck!!!  We look forward to hearing your story when you're up to it!
MonicaCa126
on 9/20/07 3:44 am - Redwood City, CA
Good luck!!! Im having mine done on monday! Keep us all updated.
azlorri
on 9/20/07 11:51 pm, edited 9/22/07 3:30 am - AZ

Well, everything went fine.   It was generally uneventful (thankfully).  I arrived at noon and did a bit of paperwork, briefly chatted with Dr Schlesinger (he is so nice) and Scott, the anesthesia person, then went into surgery.   I was out about 90 minutes total.  Woke up with some nausea and dry heaves but Danielle, the nurse, was ready with medication and it went away in less than 3 minutes.    Other than that, I felt fine.  But I was VERY tired.  We got home at 4pm, and I fell asleep.  Didn't wake up until about 5AM!!!   But I'm fine now.   Just a very very slight sore throat (I was expecting worse).   I'm drinking water and that makes it feel much better! I didn't get much of a briefing after the procedure with Dr Schlesinger (because I was still groggy and couldn't think of any questions)...but he did mention that my pouch was very large and he ended up putting in three rows of pleats instead of the typical two.   So, hopefully, I will really notice the difference in the next few weeks.   And when I see him on my followup, maybe I will be more ready with questions! Lorri

Most Active
Recent Topics