Info for RNY to DS surgeries

Karla H.
on 9/25/07 4:49 am - Denton, TX
Post Date: 9/25/07 11:48 am I am putting together a list of all my notes on the RNY to DS revision surgeons.  This is research I have done over the last three weeks.  See what I have so far. -  Dr. Keshishian charges $4000 which is not covered by insurance -  Dr. Warden hasn't done many DS much less DS revisions.   -  Dr. Anthone has stopped doing RNY to DS surgeries  -  Dr. Prachand only does RNY to DS revisions if the BMI is over 50 -  Dr. Gagner is switching institutions and will start at the new place in January 2008.  He recommends I wait until January to set up appt.  -  Dr. Alverdy evaluates case by case but they are very selective -  Dr. Inman has only done 20 RNY to DS revisions -  Dr. Lutrzykowski wants RNY op report before he decides if he will do revision -  Dr. Lane usually does RNY to DS in higher BMI but determines on case to case basis -  Dr. Anderson does not do revisions -  Dr. Peters does not do revisions I haven't heard back from all of the surgeons I contacted....and these are only the ones on my insurance.  If you have any others to add to my list I would appreciate. Thanks! Karla
AphY Girl
on 9/25/07 5:27 am
Good research... where are these doctors located?
Karla H.
on 9/25/07 5:36 am - Denton, TX
All the doctors listed are on the http://www.duodenalswitch.com/ website.  They are from all over the US. Karla
Lara Croft
on 9/25/07 11:31 am - Fairfield, OH
I'm glad you did that.  I had called Rita Anderson because she's on the list.  She recommended Dr. Shumacher and he's not on the list.  I'm looking to get an revision from RNY to DS.  So yes, the website itself needs to be updated.
Nannette
on 9/25/07 10:49 pm - Toms River, NJ
Check out Drs Heather McMullen and Jeffrey Nicastro at United Surgical in Staten Island, NY.  I know they do the DS surgery, but not sure about revisions from RNY.  Keep us posted.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics