Stomaphyx and head hunger...........

MonicaCa126
on 9/26/07 2:50 pm - Redwood City, CA
So I had the Stomaphyx procedure done on Monday morning, with Dr Wetter.Everything seems to be going well. Liquids are going down good. Just waiting to get on soft foods to really get that full feelin again......but the head hunger is driving me nuts........Any suggestions??????? I have been sipping more tea, and then making thicker soups.......but its driving me nuts. Hope my fellow Stomaphyx'ers are doing good........... BIG hugs to all....... Monica
azlorri
on 9/26/07 11:50 pm - AZ

Hi Monica!

Glad your procedure went well.  I hope you are feeling good (except the hunger).   I'm only a few more days out than you.  I must admit that the first couple of days I was more bothered by head hunger than now.   (Partially because I've settled into a comfortable routine now.)  Naturally I haven't been full for more than a week....but I'm not REALLY hungry either.  Just kinda neutral.  I keep trying to remember how it was when I was on liquids after my original WLS in 2000.   (Which I can't really remember)....but I think that it was easier because I'd had MAJOR surgery and I was still more uncomfortable all over so I wasn't even thinking about food.  With my stomaphyx....I wasn't in any pain (except a minor sore throat) so I have no distractions from food!   I figure this is just a good will power practice: I KNOW I can't eat anything but liquids.  (On a normal diet, I would have given in a few times this past week, with this, I keep reminding myself that my body is still healing.)  Keep at it, you will do great. On a more fun note....since it has been 1 week since my Stomaphyx....I weighed myself.  WAHOO, I'm down 7 pounds and under 200 again!!!!   I can't really say that the stomaphyx restriction made the difference....right now it's just the effects of a swollen stomache pouch from all the poking necessary to place the fasteners.   But, no matter what, if I hadn't of had the procedure there is no way on Earth that I could have stuck to a liquid diet for 8 days.  (And believe me, I've tried!!!) Time will tell on the lasting benefits.  But I'm delighted with the short term benefits!!! Lorri

MonicaCa126
on 9/27/07 2:11 am - Redwood City, CA
Thanks lori.......the support helps but its stil in my head! congrats on the 7 lbs so far! we are on our way!!!!! Monica
sopralto
on 9/28/07 2:05 pm - WA
Funny, I had stomaphyx about 3.5 weeks ago and I was not hungry while on the liquid diet. Try adding a little fat-like cream soups, that might help. I can't believe I am saying this, but I have only lost 5lbs, but have gone from a size 20 to a size 16 rigid jeans. I am eating soft foods and definitely feel restriction. DEFINITELY. I am careful not to eat anymore than 1/2 cup at at time because I still fear breaking something. The fullness seems to take 15min to reach full. So I eat a few bites and stop to see how it went down. Learning new way to eat again. I am happy with this so far.
Most Active
Recent Topics