DAYTON DR. SUGGEST REVISION RNY TO LAP-BAND?

Lara Croft
on 9/28/07 4:59 am - Fairfield, OH

Hello Everybody,

I wanted to give you an update on what happened with me yesterday.  I went to go see Dr. Schumacher in Dayton,  I told him my whole story on why I want a revision.  He stated that I have two options:  1. Get a revision from the RNY to a Lap-Band, and 2 he can go inside and tighen my pouch.  He also stated that performing a DS will be crucial due to the malnutrient side.  I will have more bowel movements, a lot of gas, etc.  The things he was telling me I knew already and thinking about having second thoughts on the DS.  I told him that I went to see Dr. Rodriguez a few months ago and that he refused to do the revision  Dr. Schumacher actually knows Dr. Rodriguez and asked me to have my records transfer to his office.  The next step for me is to get an EGD to see how things are down there.  I don't agree on doing the Lap Band but he did say he can go in and tighten my pouch.  I'm going to see my PCP this month about seenig Dr. Maguire on October 13th, which I should had done in the first place.  I don't think my insurance covers revisions to DS because I read on Dr. Maguire's website.  I remember people telling me that a revision from RNY to Lap Band is very risky.  I'm not chancing it!

L

darnell239
on 9/30/07 8:53 am - Columbia, SC
Keep us updated on what is going on.  Personally, I think the best route would be to have your pouch tighten.  Maybe he could even bypass you a little more to jumpstart your weight loss.  Either way it goes let the forum know.
Cathy A.
on 10/2/07 12:19 am - Modesto, CA
Hi L,  They just add the Lap Band to you RNY pouch. You still are RNY. I had this done because the food just went through my pouch. It was still small but worked like an open tube. Now the band acts as my stoma so I get  full and stay that way for hours. It was not risky and it was an easy surgery and recovery for me.  I would have had the StomaphyX if it was available. Both surgeries are working for people.
Most Active
Recent Topics