StomaphyX question

FIREMANTRB
on 10/2/07 9:06 am - OH
Greetings Its been a long long time since I posted to OH.  I am over 5 years out from Open RNY Gastric Bypass.  I had a starting weight of 475 and lost down to 195 in 18 months after surgery.  I kept the weight off until about 1 year ago I started regaining.  I have gained back to 267.  My problem seems to be that no matter what I eat, 5-10 minutes later I am hungry again (no matter what I eat)  I dont drink with meals and dont eat very much.  This leads me to beleive that I have rapid emptying of the pouch.  I have bad dumping from carbs.  I have made an appointment with a doc in Cincinnatti Ohio for November and will be discussing the StomaphyX prcedure.  My question - can we get insurance to cover this procedure?  I have BCBS of the Mountain State and will fight as much as necessary to get it done.  Need help and suggestions.  Thanks, Tim B. Southern Ohio
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/07 11:10 am
Which doc in Cinci is doing the Stomaphyx!!!!
FIREMANTRB
on 10/3/07 6:41 am - OH

Dr. Dean Mikami Ohio State University Medical Center

Ph: 614.293.8701 I have an appointment for him on November 5.  His time slots are filling up fast!

Tara V.
on 10/5/07 5:45 am
My mother had to have a revision whi*****luded stomaphyx and this was covered by insurance.
FIREMANTRB
on 10/5/07 9:58 am - OH
Hey Tara Do you mind if I ask what insurance she has that covered it?  Did she get denied originally or on the first try?  Do you by chance have a copy of the appeal letter if she had to appeal?  How is she doing with the procedure?  If this is none of my business, just tell me.  Thanks.
Tara V.
on 10/5/07 10:53 am
Yes, my mother got denied and she tried to appeal but was unsuccessful.  She did however get the "revision" covered whi*****luded a stomaphyx procedure.  She has BC/BS of Georgia.  She is doing okay...not losing as fast/much as she wants.  She is down 22 lbs. since her surgery 2 months ago.
Most Active
Recent Topics