* Struggling *....

tina01
on 10/5/07 9:43 am - Wilmington, DE
With everything.. eating (the right things and right quantities), stress, depression.. I've actually gained back two pounds that I lost.  How freakin depressing is that!  I went through so much ( you can't even imagine) to get a 2nd chance, why doesn't it matter?  I know we aren't 'all physcho-analysts... I guess I'm just saying it out loud and wondering what the heck I should do. Right now, I'm bored to death..sigh... Okay, let me throw this out there.. has anyone been in a relationship.. a good one actually (2 yrs), but his family is just awful to you?  It's not the men, it's the mom and sister, they make snide, nasty remarks and are just self centered, rude and selfish.   I so much wanted to be in a loving family ( I don't really have one) and the realization of who they really are hit me hard.  I don't want to be around them.  There's a bday party Sunday, and I don't want to go.  How do I handle this sort of thing? I do love my guy...  and i wonder why i'm stressed and eating??  :-P Thx for letting me vent... T
darnell239
on 10/5/07 12:12 pm - Columbia, SC
I think you need to cut-off the family completely.  They are not healthy for you.
tina01
on 10/5/07 1:45 pm - Wilmington, DE
WOW, your 2nd sentence speaks volumes to me.  Not healthy for me is putting it mildly.  You are absolutely right and I needed to hear that.  I think I will use that when I tell my b/f why I am not going to the bday party. Thanks..
SophieGrace
on 10/11/07 10:43 pm - IL

You do not have to subject yourself to those horrible women. Toxic people will cause many, many problems in our lives.  However, you must give them permission to do this to you.  Stop being around them. Whether or not your man allows them to behave this way to you or he's unaware of it makes no difference.  Tell him NOW that you can't be around them.  If he insists, then you have larger issues than just his family.

Most Active
Recent Topics