Anyone went from RNY to DS?????

Vicki PNW
on 1/14/08 6:25 am

As for revisions, Medicare covers open and laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP), laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) and open and laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD/DS) if certain criteria are met and the procedure is performed in an approved facility.

Source: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/mcd/viewncd.asp?ncd_id=100.1&ncd_vers ion=2&basket=ncd%3A100%2E1%3A2%3ABariatric+Surgery+for+Treat ment+of+Morbid+Obesity As far as I know, several members on the DS board have had their RNY-to-DS revisions covered by Medicare.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Ambitious
on 1/14/08 8:40 am - Havertown, PA
The site is great! You provided great info for anyone with this type of insurance. Thank you for sharing. We all learn from each other and can spread it to others! Thank you!
Ambitious
on 1/14/08 8:38 am - Havertown, PA

I've posted to the RNY board, DS board, WLS Grad board, and revision board! I'll keep posting! OH members are awesome (yourself included). We all share a common bond and we must all help each other in this journey if it's just providing a small bit of info that we've learned along the way! I appreciate your post. Thank you for the well wishes.  P/s Congrats on your weight loss. I feel that the various types of WLS is a good thing. Choices should be available to patients and I'm glad that Lap Band worked for you. Any weight loss is good if weight loss is the issue. I applaud you for your accomplishment. God Bless!

HelperRV
on 1/14/08 6:38 am
I had a revision following a RnY. Best dam thing i ever did. don't let the surgeon tell you that you didn't "work your tool" that total BS. I am free with the DS. Free
riotgirlp
on 1/14/08 11:09 am - trona, CA
i am only 3 years post rny. i gained all my 140 lbs. lost back! do you think they'd ds me?
HelperRV
on 1/15/08 2:17 am
Yes, I'm sure they would. But would your insurance pay for it?
bradshaw0506
on 1/19/08 1:26 am - Chicago, IL
Ambitious!!!  What are you doing girl?  Yes, I caught you. Listen to Tiffany too...I can hook you up some of Dr. G's other patients if you wanna talk with them.
Ambitious
on 1/19/08 4:44 am - Havertown, PA
You're a life saver! Yes, I need to talk to as many of Dr. G's patients as possible especially RNY revision folks. I'm ready to get the ball started!  You guys are the best!
Most Active
Recent Topics