Anyone went from RNY to DS?????

Ambitious
on 1/12/08 3:16 am - Havertown, PA
I followed the rules and didn't loose the weight I thought I should in the very beginning. I hit a plateau at 9 months and contacted everyone, surgeon, nutritionist and everyone said keep doing what you're doing and give it time. I'm not 3 years post op and I'm back up to 245lbs. I don't think the RNY pouch has broken down but I can eat whatever I want. I eat healthy things...I'm ALWAYS hungry though which sucks so it's worse than when I started out pre-op before RNY. Yours in health, Samaria
Tiffany G.
on 1/12/08 11:40 am
Hi!  I'm just lurking here as a preop.  I suggest you visit the DS forum.  There are a lot of RNY to DS revisions that post there, and I'm sure they can help answer some questions for you.  I'm sorry you are going through this.
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Ambitious
on 1/12/08 9:43 pm - Havertown, PA
Thanks for posting. I appreciate your advise. Everyone keeps saying there are lots of RNY to DS revisions folks but no one is posting...maybe everyone is on vacation or something:) Thanks for listening! 
Ambitious
on 1/12/08 9:43 pm - Havertown, PA
Does your surgeon do revisions do you know? I might check out some surgeons in DE
Tiffany G.
on 1/12/08 9:48 pm
I don't know if mine does.  But a few revisions have been done by Dr. Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ.  That shouldn't be too far for you.  My doc is actually in Baltimore.

Dr. Greenbaum's website is drthin.com.  I've emailed him and he was very nice.  Also, his patient coordinator, Tina, is great.  I'm sure if you give her a call she would be more than helpful.
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Ambitious
on 1/12/08 10:41 pm - Havertown, PA
You're awesome! Thank yoU! How are you feeling by the way?
Tiffany G.
on 1/13/08 12:09 am
I'm fine.  I'm still preop LOL if that's what you meant.  I saw your post on the DS forum.  Be patient, you'll get some answers soon.
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

happy girl
on 1/12/08 10:53 pm
I agree, you really should post on the DS forum.  They will have some great suggestions for you.  I think though you will need to get your RNY evaluated with an endoscopy and upper GI.  If you have regained your weight back, your surgeon should want to look for a mechanical cause.  Do you have a good relationship with your PCP?  He/She could order them for you too.  To be revised to a DS you will need a VERY experienced surgeon who does DS revisions, and I know the folks on the DS board will be able to direct you to the the best surgeons. Good luck!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/08 6:28 am - Brampton, Canada
I can't help but add that if you post on the RNY board you are sure to have some DSers answer there!    Good luck with whatever revision you end up choosing.
poppink
on 1/13/08 2:47 pm - owensboro, KY
Do any of you know if medicare pays for this?
Most Active
Recent Topics