I AM APPROVED

angiebell28
on 1/13/08 5:05 am - houston, TX
Finally, after being denied 3 times I am approved for my revision. Going from VBG to RNY. If i would have known the failure rate for a VBG was so high would have stuck with the RNY first time. Dr. Carlos Ferrari is my surgeon, so tomorrow his office will be calling me to give me a surgery date. Heck if i could go tomorrow morning, I'd be there in the hospital gown putting the iv in myself! lol For those who have had a previous weight loss procedure and need a revision and have gotten denied. Don't give up. My employer went so far as to write it out of their policy for 2008. Said that they were not covering in gastric bypass or lap band procedures. I had to rush to get my paperwork in by end of Dec. 2006. They denied me but turned around and approved me. So all the clothes in my closet i will soon be able to get back into. I can't wait.
darnell239
on 1/13/08 6:40 am - Columbia, SC
Congratulations!I know you must be floating.  I am in the process of seeking a revision myself and God knows it is a tedious process.  The key is to keep fighting for yourself.  Hope you have a uneventful surgery.
angiebell28
on 1/14/08 10:17 am - houston, TX
Thanks for the kudo's! and yes it is a tedious process. If I would known all of this I would have started fighting earlier. But my mom told me that I can't hurry God, I just have to trust Him and give it some time, no matter how long it takes. And two days letter I was approved, so He moved faster then I anticipated. But I am very grateful and thankful.  I will keep you in my prayers that things will work out in your favor. I've struggled all my life with weight and I am thankful that i was able to get a second chance. Tomorrow I will know whether the doctor can perform the revision on the 21st. So let's pray that it works out for that day. I want it the sooner the better. "The end of the matter is better then the beginning " Ecc. 7:8 Angel
Tex Girl .
on 1/13/08 11:48 pm - TX
Terrific!  I have the very old band that is not adjustable and now I have acid reflux so bad I can't keep food down.  I was just denied because the insurance doesn't believe acid reflux can be cured with bypass surgery.  Pray for me to have the same results as you did.  Pray for the doctor who is going to bat for me tomorrow.  Again, Congrats!!
angiebell28
on 1/14/08 10:12 am - houston, TX
I will definitely pray that you get approved. When I said my prayer to God I asked Him to allow whatever nurse or doctor that reviewed my case with Cigna to have a heart and say yes. I called the insurance company just to confirm that what I was reading on that paper was really true. That I wasn't dreaming. So they told me yes. I know that it was nobody but God, I told God that if He gave me this second chance, I would do right by it. So now the only thing i'm waiting on is the surgery date. Hopefully the 21st. But  I'll know tomorrow. Keep the faith and don't give up. That''s what the insurance company wants us to do. And please keep me in your prayers on the day of the surgery and I'll post to let you know when i make it home. "The end of the matter is better than the beginning" Ecc. 7:8
Tex Girl .
on 1/14/08 11:56 am - TX
Thanks so much for the prayers.  The doctor will be talking to them anywhere from 9:30 am to 2:00pm.  When the Insurance person calls him.  So keeping praying.  I will pray for you as well.  January 21st? My cousin and friend both used Dr Harberg.
Tex Girl .
on 1/14/08 11:58 am - TX
9:30 to 2pm tomorrow.  Pray that the doctor convences them to approve the gastric.  Thanks for the prayers.
angiebell28
on 1/15/08 4:51 am - houston, TX
Don't mention it. That's what we are here on this earth for is to be a help to one another. I go for my pre op test on the 18th and scheduled for the 21st. Now I'm nervous. But I will definitely keep you posted. Gotta get my boys situated while i am in the hospital.. angel
Tex Girl .
on 1/15/08 7:56 am - TX
Great news!  God is AMAZING!!!!  Next Monday, Wow.  What is your new doctors name and what surgery is it going to be changed too? 
Strawberry2
on 1/14/08 7:48 am
 cONGRATS  ANGIEBELLE - GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Most Active
Recent Topics