what was your major reason for the revision ? please tell

ginau
on 1/14/08 11:01 am - mesa, AZ

Hi peeps  Here I am thinking about where I am at in my journey and just wanted to hear from some of you as to why you had or are having a revision ??  alos what/ how do you expalin it to  others ? Aka  family ?

darnell239
on 1/15/08 1:12 am - Columbia, SC
I can't speak for everyone else but my my major reason for having a revision is because or weight regain.  I've gained back about 3/4 of the original weight I lost.  It is emotionally hard for me to regain the way I did.  It goes to show that nothing is 100%.  I am hoping to be approved for a revision and I've decided to learn from my previous mistakes I made from the surgery.  I hope this helps.
HelperRV
on 1/15/08 2:31 am

I have a revision because I gained all my weight back plus 10 pounds more. Getting a DS was the best thing I've ever done for myself and my family. I always thought it was my fault my RnY faild. I didn't " work my tool"  enough, what BS. I had my revision and I feel better than I ever have before.

Betsy C.
on 1/15/08 3:42 am - Efland, NC
I'm trying to get into the RESTORe study, and what I've told people is that the opening between the stomach pouch and the small intestine has enlarged, allowing food to pass through and causing hunger too soon after eating, and that is why I've regained some of the weight I lost after WLS.  The fact that there are studies being done on just this issue bears out that this is a real issue, and not just formerly obese persons who don't know when to stop (something that I overheard in a public place one time).  I'm not sure what people's private thoughts are about the procedure, but my family and friends are very supportive and feel I'm doing what I can to nip the problem in the bud.  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

mjc123
on 1/16/08 10:55 am - Midlothian, VA
Hi there! The major reason is that I too gained back almost all the weight back and the previous was unsuccessful. I refuse to give up. At first I was nervous about telling my family. I began all the research and footwork first...then when I had facts to support my decision I presented the facts. Surprisingly enough they supported my decision. I am seeking a revision to DS and am committed to that decision.

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

debra O.
on 1/20/08 9:19 pm - MN
I HAD A REVISON AS WITHIN 10 YEARS, I DID NOT GAIN OR LOSE ANY WEIGHT. THE PAST TWO YEARS I WOULD VOMIT DAILY 2-3 TIMES. I COULD NOT EAT ANY PASTA, RICE, BREADS, MEATS BUT NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH JUNK FOOD - . I JUST GOT TIRED OF VOMITTING AND REALIZE SOMETHING IS NOT CORRECT AND GO GET IT FIXED. I HAD THE RNY FROM THE VBG ON 12.04.07, STILL UNCOMFORTABLE AS I THINK I AM GOING TO VOMIT, BUT NOTHING! I HAD CHILI AND FRENCH BREAD LAST NIGHT WITH NO PROBLEMS. ON 12.16.07 I HAD MY STITCHES TAKEN OUT AND LOST 16 POUNDS. I HAVE NOT WEIGHT MYSELF SINCE THEN BUT KNOW THAT I AM SHEDDING THE POUNDS WITH HOW MY CLOTHES HANG. GOOD LUCK

VGB Banded 1997   Band Removed 12.04.07  RNY Revision 12.04.07

ALABAMA
on 1/22/08 5:14 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
the reason I'm seeking a revision to the rny > the surgery stopped working for me back in 2000 I stopped loosing weight > only lost 68 lbs and I still have 99lbs to go.  back in 2000 you did'nt here anything about a revision. people did'nt talk about it.  with carnie wilson and her success back them you just never heard the words uttererd.  now with so many people having had the surgery and alot are not done correctly .  according to standards when a revision are warranted when the 2nd surgeron takes over and your will read your post-op report when you compairs both you will see the differences.  the measurement of the pouch and stoma etc.  are not what is on the old report.  no I did'nt eat my surgery out.  thank you for reading.
Most Active
Recent Topics