Update on me

1bdmtha
on 2/2/08 10:27 pm - Ironton, OH
Hey all, just wanted to drop in to give you guys a quick update... I am the one who was checking into the RESTORe trial and was told that due to my nasty habit of smoking I could not participate until I had 3mos of Dr. documented stop smoking... Well at that time I was gonna try the 5dpt and see what would come of it....  Well I have found out that I can take control again!!!! I started the 5dpt on Jan 11th and I lost 8lbs by the time it was done..!!!! I continued with journalling my intake, drinking water (over 100oz a day), and well basically getting myself back to the way I ate early post op (almost 7years ago... surg date was 4-18-01)... well at the beginning of this I was 200 lbs (up from my lowest of around 165 lbs) and today I am 181 lbs!!!! I am doing great and I feel great, the cravings really get to me sometimes, but I see that the scale is moving in the opposite direction and that is inspiration to keep going... I have set a goal of 150 lbs and I can actually see it in reach...  I still can eat more that what I put on my plate at meal time, but I do eat about 5 small meals a day that is high in protien, I have quit drinking with my meals ( and 1/2 hr before and 1/2 hr after)... I have discovered that this tool is way better than any diet pill could ever be....  I just wanted to update everyone, and if you are a point of desperation and you think there is no hope, there is ... sometimes you just have to put your mind to it and do it!!!! Thanks so much for all of the information and support, Bonnie
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/08 10:55 pm

Bonnie!! You're such an inspiration!!  Thank you for showing that weight loss can be started up again even after regain!  Way to go!  I'm impressed with your initiative and results! 

katchal
on 2/3/08 12:48 am - Goodview, VA
Bonnie, You are an inspiration and exactly what I needed to read today.  I didn't qualify for the RESTORe trial because of my anatomy and have been looking at other alternatives.  But, when I began thinking like a Nurse and not someone just looking for answers, I realized that if my anatomy wasn't correct for this procedure then it very well won't be ok for any other procedure.  So, as I sat in church this morning, I made the decision that I needed to get back to basics and follow the 5day pouch test and see if I could take control.  Now, through you, I see that it is possible.  Thank you.  I would appreciate any suggestions you can provide to me with this venture.  Take care and God Bless. Kathy
Bluebird
on 2/3/08 8:33 am - long beach, CA
 Can anyone explain to me what the 5DPT is and also the Restore trial? Thanks so much!
patsy13215
on 2/3/08 1:27 am - syracuse, NY
HiBonnie; I also started the PouchTest and have found that it has helped alot with getting back control of the carb beast and the portion size.Keep up the greatwork. Patsy
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/08 1:50 am - Brampton, Canada
Betsy C.
on 2/3/08 8:49 am - Efland, NC
Bonnie - Congrats on your fabulous weightloss.  I have heard much the same about this weight of eating.  I wanted to try it, but I've qualified for the RESTORe trial and am about the lowest weight I can be and still qualify.  In fact I was told not to lose any weight before my procedure which is 2/28.  But I have saved the information for use later on.  Very impressive results! Cathy - Here is a link to the 5 Day Pouch Test.  http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/ Take some time to read about it, including the recipes.  There's lots of great information about it, and there have been many posts about it as well. Good luck! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

weightwatcher07
on 2/3/08 11:17 pm - Dallas, TX
Keep up the good work and keep posting so the rest of us will stay motivated to know our tool is still working.
Ruth A.
on 2/4/08 1:54 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Please............... could someone post info on the RESTORe trial  - what it is, what's involved etc etc. Thanks so much

Betsy C.
on 2/4/08 2:47 am - Efland, NC
Ruth - the RESTORe trial is no longer enrolling.  However, there is another, similar trial that is currently enrolling.  Go to: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/locn/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1 Contact Mary Lou Mooney at 949-369-3890 ext. 1203 ([email protected])  and find out the closest trial site to you.  Since the RESTORe trial is no longer enrolling, many people are flocking to this trial, so be patient if you don't hear back immediately. Let us know what you find out. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Most Active
Recent Topics