REVISION

sbeale210
on 2/12/08 1:03 am - glen burnie, MD

I had rny in Oct 2005. I only lost 85 pounds. I considering having a revision done. Can someone please explain to me what it intails? I'm currently 315. Thanks

Just Valena
on 2/12/08 3:16 am - Nunyabizness
Have you been to the doc to determine whether or not you have type of mechanical failure, such as an enlarged stoma, staple line rupture, or to check the size of your pouch? As for revisions...from what I have read, with the RnY, you can have them get your stoma back down to a smaller size (if it's stretched), place a band over your stoma, or convert to the DS. There is the DS board, I would ask there, as there are several people who have had revisions from RnY to DS (duodenal switch).

sbeale210
on 2/12/08 8:36 am - glen burnie, MD

Not yet, i'm going to see someone on Thursday..  Thanks for your help:)

JROLFSON
on 2/12/08 5:50 am - St. George, UT
Hello: If you go to the main revision page you will see about 5 + postings down from your's is a post called the ABC's of Revision that Dr. Schlessinger posted. This is the 2nd of his postings. He started this a week or so ago, so if you go back to last week sometime you will see his first post on ABC's of Revision. Dr. S is a exception Bariatric Surgeon in Arizona...He knows and does most of the Revision's folks write about on this board and would be an excellent resource for you. Good Luck
sbeale210
on 2/12/08 8:36 am - glen burnie, MD

Thanks for the heads up.. i will check that out.

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/08 9:56 am - TX
Please read my profile and see for yourself how well I've done with the DS.  I can tell you from experience the DS is a much more forgiving, easier to live with surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics