Rose Procedure illustration

JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 9:45 am

www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/cs/pat/obesity/eros_illustrations .html Shows a good illustration as to how the procedure works

sweatysweetie
on 2/13/08 4:00 pm, edited 2/13/08 4:02 pm
tha NK YOU
wigglypoo
on 2/14/08 12:37 am - Sturgis, MI
I tried to get to the site and it ownt come up? what did I do wrong? Amy
ice-cream
on 2/14/08 5:02 am

what is involved in the rose procedure.  i also could not go onto to this link.  i'm looking into the stomaphyx and trying to see if my insurance (medicare) will pay for it.  right now they are saying maybe but they need a code for it.  so i would like to know what the rose procedure is could you please explain it.

JeannieBVA1
on 2/14/08 12:03 pm
Try to copy/paste this into your browser..  That may work. Sorry, not very computer literate..  If not... email me at [email protected]... lable it Rose Porcedure and I will try to copy you with the illustration... Happy V-Day.. Jeannie
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 12:33 pm
There's a space between illustrations and the "."  If you copy and paste it into your browser you'll need to delete that extra space and then it will work.
JeannieBVA1
on 2/14/08 9:10 pm
www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/cs/pat/obesity/erosillustrations .html Corrected the Link-  I think.... Try it now
MaryTeresa
on 3/2/08 2:57 pm - Loveland, OH
It still dont work
liquidl
on 3/4/08 3:41 am
I got this off a Dr.'s website in Michigan. ROSE PROCEDURE Most gastric bypass patients obtain excellent weight loss after surgery. Some patients however, experience weight regain years after their original bypass surgery. This weight regain may be caused by a gradual enlargement of the stomach pouch or stoma (the connection between the stomach pouch and small intestine). We recognize this is a source of frustration and health concern and it has motivated us to pursue new options and potential solutions for our patients. The ROSE Procedure (Revision Obesity Surgery, Endoscopic) is one of those options.The procedure uses FDA-cleared endoscopic instruments to decrease pouch and stoma size to recreate a restriction to encourage weight loss. This technique does not require surgical incisions. Rather, an endoscopic suturing device is introduced through the mouth like an upper endoscopy. Sutures are placed in the stomach pouch to reduce its size and around the stoma to reduce its diameter. By eliminating outside incisions, the ROSE procedure is expected to provide important advantages to patients, including, reduced risk of infection and associated complications, less post-operative pain, faster recovery time, and no scarring. The ROSE procedure is one of the first of many potential applications for Incisionless Surgery. Incisionless Surgery is considered the next wave in minimally invasive procedures and, in addition to obesity, it has generated interest among physicians in areas such as GERD, GI cancer and NOTES (Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery). (ROSE is a registered trademark of USGI Medical, Inc., San Clemente, CA.)
Most Active
Recent Topics