Five weeks after ReStore

NueBelieve
on 2/22/08 8:26 am - PA
Hi everyone....wanted to give a update since my ReStore Procedure { Or Sham I'm still not sure} .I have been watching everything I eat....sticking with tuna, egg and chicken salads mostly. I'm using  wheat products and lots of water. I figure I would stay with the  foods I can trust myself with until I venture onto other foods that I know I'm not ready for aka a slice of pizza for lunch....make sense? Anyways as of this morning I am proud to say I am down 28 pounds in 5 weeks.  I go for my 6 week checkup soon...just waiting for a call from my doctor. I will keep you all posted and hopefully have more good news to share then bad...but hey thats the battle of losing weight right? Godspeed Diane :)
darnell239
on 2/22/08 8:40 pm - Columbia, SC
Congratulations on the weight loss!  Do you think weight loss is mainly due to this diet you have been on or because of the ReStore?  I ask that question because many times when you follow a strict diet you will loose the weight regardless if you had a procedure.
NueBelieve
on 2/23/08 10:42 pm - PA
Your so very right!  Its because I am very strict with what I eat. Even the so call trigger foods are out of my house. I do think however it was the emotional part of the ReStore trial that got to me right after my "Procedure". The not knowing if I had it or not. One day I thought I did and the next I didn't. So I guess after about 2 weeks I realized no matter what...I have to use this opportunity and take advantage of it and only eat what they tell me. We all know its hard either way but atleast I will feel better about "Me" if I Pysch myself into believing I did have the procedure. Make sense? Geez I hope I make sense LOL  Diane :)
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/08 9:47 pm
Diane!! You're doing GREAT!!  Congratulations on the 28 lb weight loss!  Whether you actually had the procedure or sham, you're taking advantage of this time to follow the recommended post op diet, so KUDOS to you!  Thanks for the update and please keep us posted! 
Kathy B.
on 2/23/08 5:12 am - TX

Diane, You are doing awesome.. Congrats. DId your insurance cover this?

Did you have to follow the general  6 month diet ahead of time? 

Was your surgeon hesitant to do the procedure?

Did you have lab or rny?

thanks so much for any questions you answer.!!!

Smile, it increases your face value.

NueBelieve
on 2/23/08 10:46 pm, edited 2/23/08 10:46 pm - PA

Thanks so much!  I am a former Lap RNY. I didnt have to pay for anything beause its a Research Trial.

I applied for the trial Dec 17, 2007 and had the prodecure Jan 18th 2008. I didn't have to follow any diet prior expect I was told I had to maintain my weight within 10 pounds which I had no trouble doing  :)

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/08 5:58 am
NueBelieve
on 2/25/08 11:58 am - PA

All of the time! After the procedure I was a lot less hungry but I'm not sure if it was because I worked hard to eat as if I did have the procedure or it was because I did have the procedure. Its like I'm psyching myself so therefore I removed the trigger foods and maintain the same guidelines I was given after RNY.  The 2 weeks of liquids was all mind over matter. To me this is a second chance and I really hope and pray it works for me. :)

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/08 8:02 pm
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 1:05 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics