Revision scheduled for March 19th

Ruesnod
on 2/27/08 2:21 pm - Pima, AZ
I talked to my doctor yesterday and I am having revision done the 19th of March.  I have a gastro gastric fistula that is causing severe acid reflux and has contributed in my 50 lb weight gain.  I am very nervous about this one.  I was excited when I had the RNY, but I didnt have a kid then.  now I have a 1 1/2 year old that is very active and I'm nervous that it's going to be too hard to take care of her. I did great recovering from the first surgery so I'm just crossing my fingers that  I will recover just as fast.  I'm trying to be excited about the improvements this will make, but I'm really nervous.  It's not like me to be scared, but this time I am.
L M
on 2/27/08 3:33 pm - MS

Do you know what they are going to do to fix it? I have gained 40 lbs. and am a little interested in a revision someday maybe. But I am scared too. I hope everthing goes well, Laurie

Ruesnod
on 2/27/08 11:08 pm - Pima, AZ
Well, because of the fistula they are going to separate my stomach from my pouch (again) and then reshape the pouch and stomach. 
sage61
on 3/2/08 11:00 am - TX
Best of luck on your revision. I too am having a corrective/revision surgery on March 19th. It's much more frightening this time because it's much more complicated this time... plus we know how much it hurts! I do hope all goes well for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics