Gastric Sleeve revision anyone??

Allie
on 2/29/08 3:14 pm
I have a question. Has anyone had an RNY and then had your surgery revised to a gastric sleeve?? Does anyone know if that is even possible to do?  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers          

Allie  
      Mom to 5 cuties!!  Ages 15, 7, 6, 4 & a 3 month old sweety!
                       -250 Pounds since GBS!

BoxerLoverMel
on 3/1/08 2:47 am - Harwinton, CT
Hi Allie, I am curious to the answer as well. I am currently trying to find out which revision I will be able to get/need. Let me know what you find out. Thanks Melody
happy girl
on 3/5/08 1:04 pm
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it as the "stomach" sizes are different ie pouch Vs tube (sleeve)  the sleeve is sometimes used as stage one in a DS, when the surgeon does in the DS in 2 stages. If you are thinking about ANY kind of revision make sure you are speaking with an surgeon  experienced with revisions,  it's a lot different and riskier than a first surgery.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Ms Shell
on 3/7/08 8:03 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yes it can be done.  Essentially they have to put the pouch and stomach back together and then cut out the stomach for the Sleeve and the put your intestines back.  A young lady just recently had it done so I know it's possible.  Please visit us on the VSG forum.  I'll see if I can't find out which surgeon did it to whom. Good luck and like another poster posted.  The most important aspect of this is to get a qualified revison surgeon, as ANY revision involves greater risk and dealing with scar tissue from previous surgery. Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics