Overstitch Procedure

John K
on 7/27/11 4:20 am - Katy, TX
Ok, I guess its my own fault, but, I am dissapointed. What I mean by my own fault for 6 weeks your not supposed to gulp water or anything. I lost 12 lbs right off the bat in the first 2 weeks and as soon as I started eating food it tapered off. Its not a "mind changing" difference like you had right out of surgery. You "feel" something different, but its not the same sort of restrictions. I look at it as a tool to use, so I am going to use it, but, I am not sure it would be worth the cost. I had it done just for what a scope would cost, I am not sure what they are charging. If its several thousand, I dont think its worth it. Just my .2.

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

mikkozoe
on 7/27/11 4:22 am - Conyers, GA
thanks ...after reading the website i thought i would be just like out of surgery......but maybe not....something to think about ...thanks

laura
John K
on 7/27/11 4:32 am - Katy, TX
No, as a matter of fact my surgeon warned me I would not feel the same restriction and that it was easy to rip out the stitches.

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

mikkozoe
on 7/27/11 5:09 am - Conyers, GA
thanks for the info...i am meeting with the doc next week to see what they say about it ....so at least i have soemting to judge what they say against.....
Diamondndaruff
on 8/1/11 9:05 am
Yes, I have. I'm scheduled to have mine done Sep 9, 2011

Tanyag24
on 8/12/11 7:51 am - Panama City Beach, FL
Is Duncan doing your procedure? Does insurance cover the procedure?
Tanyag24
on 8/12/11 7:53 am - Panama City Beach, FL
Does insurance cover the overstitch procedure?
jfkmedic
on 5/3/12 1:55 am - Huntington, NY
Revision on 04/30/12
I just had the Overstich procedure done 3 days ago 5/1/2012.  It was covered by my insurance company (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield).
jfkmedic
on 5/3/12 1:52 am, edited 5/3/12 1:57 am - Huntington, NY
Revision on 04/30/12
I just had the Overstich repair done on May 1st.  I was told that I am the first in the Long Island or downstate NY area to have a repair done.  I had RNY bypass almost 9 years ago.  So far so good.  No pain and no discomfort, but I am not eating ANY solids or even soft foods for 2 or more weeks until the repair heals.  Not really a big deal... Im not very hungry at all and the shakes (4oz at a time) are keeping me satisfied.  I hope this helps. 

My pouch was described as very small, acutully tiny.  The pouch itself did not stretch, instead the anastomosis or connection where the intestine connects to the pouch dialated.  The overstitch device allows the doctor to repair the pouch from the inside, without having to enter via laproscope.  The surgeon uses the remote "sewing machine" as I call it, to close up the dialated anastomosis. 
Rhondazn
on 5/17/12 11:26 pm - Oxford, GA
It has now been two weeks. How are you doing now? What did you have to do before and after this procedure?
Most Active
Recent Topics