Overstitch Procedure

ShonF.
on 3/24/11 12:36 pm - Peachy State, GA
Has anyone had the Overstitch procedure done?  Or has anyone heard of this procedure? 
Renfairewench
on 3/25/11 11:49 pm
Never heard of it.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

MsBatt
on 3/27/11 7:45 am
Never heard of it---it is supposed to make your stoma smaller? Like the StomaphyX, or the Rose procedure? Sadly, they DON'T WORK.
ShonF.
on 3/27/11 2:27 pm - Peachy State, GA
Yes, they are suppose to go on and make your pouch smaller if it has stretched.
mikkozoe
on 7/27/11 4:10 am - Conyers, GA
did you have this done? i just saw it and i am going to meet with them next week about it ...any info cwould be great...
MyBariatricLife
on 1/3/18 11:28 pm

Temporary solution

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 5:58 am
If you are talking overstich during the revision it is when the DR staples your stomach then folds it over just enough to cover the staple line and stitches that folded over part to the to opposite side of the staples. There is also another procedure when sfter stapling the stomach the DR stitches around the staples. These procedures are not necessary but are done as an additional step to help against leakage.

If you are talking Overstitch as a form of weight control where the DR makes folds on the inside stomach then stitches the folds together in order to make a smaller stomach. It is used on weight loss surgeries when the stomach has stretched out due to over eating and putting to much in at one time. it is called the ROSE procedure. it is called the ROSE procedure.
ShonF.
on 3/28/11 1:59 pm - Peachy State, GA
Yes Mike, it is a form of a revision. I guess its similar to the Rose procedure and suppose to make the pouch smaller.  I was wondering if anyone has had this procedure done?
John K
on 5/19/11 1:52 pm - Katy, TX
I am having it done tomorrow. I will let you know.

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

mikkozoe
on 7/27/11 4:11 am - Conyers, GA
how did the overstich go? did it work for you? i am thinking about it and any info would be great
Most Active
Recent Topics