3 days postoperative revision , gas question

amberd910
on 5/13/11 8:12 am - CT
I had my lapband removed on Tuesday and converted to a gastric bypass at the same time. I noticed about every 10 mins I get sharp pains in my lower abdomen. Are these gas pains? I'm worried that it's fluids that I am drinking causing the pain. The drs did the barium swallow at the hospital and I do not have any leaks. Any insight I would appreciate.
Hislady
on 5/13/11 8:33 am - Vancouver, WA
Could very well be gas pains, have you tried gas-x strips or a heating pad? Also try to walk if you can as that helps move the gas out. It could also be a sensitivity to the whey, I read where a few have issues with that. If it happens shortly after your protein shakes it could be lactose intolerance in which case try lactaid or a similar product to see if that helps. Of course keep in touch with your doc if it continues and it could just be surgical pain too. Good luck!
smile750
on 5/20/11 5:02 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I remember having sharp pains in my lower left abdomen (kind of like someone stabbing me).  They told me it was most likely a muscle spasm.  Only heat from the shower or heating pad helped it.  It goes away after a few days.
Most Active