Slow weight loss

SharByTheSea
on 6/8/11 1:36 am
It has been 6 weeks today since I had my revision from LapBand to RNY...the scale has not moved for 10 days now...just want to know if this has happened to any of you out there?  My Dr said that my weight loss may be slower due to the fact that I have less to lose and it is a revision...I feel great and finally getting some energy back, just want to see that scale move!
Ciao,
Shar

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
Hislady
on 6/8/11 8:28 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I haven't had a revision but I have had lots of surgeries and always takes 6-8 weeks before my body gets with the program. My brother one time told me it's because during that time your body is using all that energy to repair your body from whatever surgery you've had. So I would guess things will kick in soon just a little more patience and hopefully you haven't gained, that's a good thing. The less you have to lose the longer it takes. Good luck!
coreena691
on 6/9/11 12:57 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Going through the same thing.

I'm 4 wks post-op today.  I'm down 16lbs.  I stalled after my first 2 weeks for 2 weeks at the same number, and just 2 days ago lost another pound totalling 16lbs altogether post-op.  I'm hoping that stall is over and now that I feel more energized I can keep it dropping. 

My surgeon said the same thing that it's slower with revisions and being a "low-weight" as well.    He expects I will lose 40lbs from my revision.  I'm 32lbs away from goal.

Best of luck and hopefully you'll see that scale move again soon.  It took 14 days for me, so you may see something before next week! --don't hold me to it though!  lol 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active